Oil Phone App

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dumb Question: Has anyone here thought of making a App for smartphones, which will show Oil deals on sale (when and where)....kinda like Gasbuddy?

(now that I thought of the question, someone out there will probably make the app & make all kinds of money on it)
grin.gif

GL

Since we don't have one yet, they have a deal at Advance Auto for 19.99 Valvoline Durablend and a filter. 5 qts

I'd like to see part of it be a place where you store the details on your last OCI. When, how many miles, what oil you used, etc. For six cars and a tractor, I've given up on using the little window stickers. I just keep it in a file. Then, for each car you could have it remind you when your anticipated OCI is near.

I'm surprised an oil manufacturer hasn't already done this! Say, the Pennzoil App, it reminds you and also sends you a coupon (sometimes...).

I love my Droid but have no idea how to create an app. I would think there are many here with a smartphone that would be addicted to BITOG in app form. Rockauto or other companies could be a sponsor for a "lite" free version and the full version could be purchased for something like $20 one time.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: crw
I'd like to see part of it be a place where you store the details on your last OCI. When, how many miles, what oil you used, etc.

VERY interesting.. imagine the data that could be made from the info. like most popular brand, weight, syn vs conv usage, which brand averages the most miles per oci, ect.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Someone needs to make this forum compatible with tapatalk. Seriously.

Very much so!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back