Oil Level on Stick

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 3.6 in my Van specs 6 qts. I've always put 6 qts in and it would go to the top of the safe zone. I switched from a Wix filter to a PureOne filter on the last change and now 6 qts puts the level in the bottom third of the safe zone. I'm assuming the PureOne holds more oil itself.

Would you add some to get it closer to the top of the safe zone or let it be?

I do check it semi-regularly, generally when I get gas (its my wife's car so I don't fill it all the time) but not every time. This engine did not use a drop of oil on the 10k mile run I just finished.

It's not really a full mark like other cars I've had, it's a safe zone.

There must be more media in the PureOne because they are the same size, impossible to go oversize since it's a drop in.

You're probably going to add so do so, but it really isn't going to make a difference...

I've left a couple Ford 4.6 that hold six quarts a full quart low and never had a issue... Without knowing, I've run one that held five quarts over two low and didn't hurt it either...

Originally Posted By: racer12306

There must be more media in the PureOne because they are the same size, impossible to go oversize since it's a drop in.

You mean there must be LESS media in the Pure One, if there were more the level would be high... Anyway I can't see a filter of the same size making that much difference, you sure the jug was full???

Wouldn't more media absorb more oil?

It was a brand new 5qt and single qt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back