Oil for Massey Ferguson GC1725MB Tractor

I've read through lots of posts and still don't see answers that fully address my questions so I figured I'd just post.

Engine Oil
1. My manual states 5W30 or 10W30 for engine oil. I have been using Rotella T4 (mineral) and want to switch to T6 (synthetic). However, T6 that is specific for diesel has 5W40 or 15W40. To get 5W30 or 10W30, I have to use T6 multi-vehicle. I'd prefer to stay with the diesel-specific and with the manual specs of 5W30 or 10W30.

2. Because of issue with #1 above, looking at AMSOIL 10W30. Definitely more expensive but it's once a year and so not too worried about the cost if it is really worth it. One of the members offered Preferred so I reached out to him and the cost will be lower if I get that.

Hydraulic and Transmission Oil
3. For Front Axle and Hydraulics/transmission, MF manual states to use Permatran 821XL but doesn't specify viscosity. Specs on the 821XL state it is 10W30. AMSOIL has an alternative for hydraulics/transmission that is 5W30 so I'm comfortable with that, especially because the manual doesn't specify. It's quite expensive but again, once a year.

Based on the above, what are your recommendations as to what I should use.

Thank you.
Steve

I wouldn’t be too concerned about the T6 5w30 being multi vehicle and would use it worry free. They ironically released this product just after the other Rotella lineup lost their gas approvals. Delvac also has a full synthetic 10w30.

As for the transmission and hydraulics, I’d use what the manual states and stay away from Amsoil if warranty is a concern. Last I knew, it carried no manufacture approvals. Might as well use a CNH, Kubota, or JD fluid at that point.

I wouldn’t be too concerned about the T6 5w30 being multi vehicle and would use it worry free. They ironically released this product just after the other Rotella lineup lost their gas approvals. Delvac also has a full synthetic 10w30.

As for the transmission and hydraulics, I’d use what the manual states and stay away from Amsoil if warranty is a concern. Last I knew, it carried no manufacture approvals. Might as well use a CNH, Kubota, or JD fluid at that point.
Why do you say using Amsoil fluid will be a problem with his warranty?

Is there specific wording for using the M-1141 (Permatran® 821 XL, Formerly Permatran ® III) fluid? Please quote the exact words in the manual and we will go from there.

I am fairly certain using Amsoil ATH will not somehow violate or invalidate his warranty. Amsoil Synthetic Tractor Hydraulic/Transmission Oil SAE 5W-30

How many hours are you using the tractor in a year? Also where are you located?
Iseki makes great engines, I understand the desire to want to go full syn but it is not really necessary. Lot's of reports on the ag type forums of 15w40 use with no problem. I will admit, however, that I think even iseki recommends only 10w30 in their own tractors of this size.

I would not personally do the hyd/tran every year unless I was getting a lot of hours out of the tractor (100+)

Delvac extreme comes in a 10w30 full synthetic. I'd like to try the 15w40 version, uoa and voa look good.

Why do you say using Amsoil fluid will be a problem with his warranty?

Is there specific wording for using the M-1141 (Permatran® 821 XL, Formerly Permatran ® III) fluid? Please quote the exact words in the manual and we will go from there.

I am fairly certain using Amsoil ATH will not somehow violate or invalidate his warranty. Amsoil Synthetic Tractor Hydraulic/Transmission Oil SAE 5W-30
I received a magazine in the mail a while back and IIRC it made no mention of it. I was surprised.

Thanks for the clarification. 👍

Rotella T4 10w30; Rotella T5 10w30 Synblend, Delo XLE 10w30 Synblend, Valvoline PB Synblend 10w30, any farm store brand 10w30 CK4 would work just fine.

Any synthetic engine oil will be fine Amsoil 10w30 is a great choice. Hyd/trans/front end id stick with the 10w30 821XL, these tractors have no oil cooler so the oil gets hot and actually the 821 IS a quality fluid(reformulated semi syn.)

How many hours are you using the tractor in a year? Also where are you located?
Iseki makes great engines, I understand the desire to want to go full syn but it is not really necessary. Lot's of reports on the ag type forums of 15w40 use with no problem. I will admit, however, that I think even iseki recommends only 10w30 in their own tractors of this size.

I would not personally do the hyd/tran every year unless I was getting a lot of hours out of the tractor (100+)
I have 160 hours on the tractor and live in Maryland. It is an Iseki engine.

Thank you for your reply.

5W40 if you drive it in the winter 15W40 in the summer. Cross reference the THF/ utf to a major name brand and don't be afraid to change the oil and filters.

5W40 if you drive it in the winter 15W40 in the summer. Cross reference the THF/ utf to a major name brand and don't be afraid to change the oil and filters.
Iseki calls for a 5w30 or 10w30

And there's no known cross ref for the oem engine and Hyd. on the 1723 and 1725, there is for the older models but not the new 23/25 series.

The Iseki OEM engine oil filter is made by Denso there a quality filter.

Back