Oil for a known fuel diluter - 5w30 Ford 2.0 ecoboost

Thanks for mentioning it. Regardless I’m going to do it on the next OCI. Just bought redline 75w140. I’ll get 2 fill and drains from that bottle. Then going forward, I’ll maintain it.
I hope that ptu and transmission live long lives though they usually don't without frequent maintenance. The ecoboost, 6/8spd, and ptu all beat their oils hard.

IMO Stay with mobil 1 EP 5w30 Change every 5000. Add lubromoly injector cleaner. Berryman, or Techtron to your fuel every oil change. be sure your crankcase ventilation system is working properly. Use the proper octane fuel that the engine requires. To low an octane will increase cylinder peak pressures and add to oil dilution. If you have gas /oil dilution your level should rise some at first and then may start using oil as it gets more and more contaminated. Are you using oil at any point during the OCI? If not and your oil level is consistant, it probably isnt a deep concern however these engine do get a work-out.

Is this or I should say, does this fall under the acceptable oils for that 2.0 ford engine? Her Edge is still under extended premium care.
Yep

Attachments

• IMG_2481.jpeg
    IMG_2481.jpeg
    263.5 KB · Views: 31
Walmart shelves have it
I have been using the valvoline EP for the last two to three OCIs.

How much does a euro oil differ from an EP oil such as M1, Valvoline etc? Protection wise I should say. I can see the paranoia about the calcium getting into the cat of the engine burns oil and that is a legit concern, even tho her motor doesn’t

My wife’s engine seems to now be adding fuel to the oil. Not sure if it’s the age/mileage on it or what. It has maybe 80k on it and is driven mostly highway. But the last drain smelled like fuel somewhat, so I’m guessing it’s getting in there. It’s a DI engine but never really noticed this before. It’s under warranty still so we follow the OLM but I’m thinking of doing it sooner going forward.

Is there an oil that is better at handling fuel dilution than any of the other run of the mill brands?
If it NOW is diluting the oil, I would fix the issue with the fuel system. You say its under warranty, get it fixed. Otherwise more frequent changes should be done. There's no oil that will perform good if its diluted excessively with gas.

If it NOW is diluting the oil, I would fix the issue with the fuel system. You say its under warranty, get it fixed. Otherwise more frequent changes should be done. There's no oil that will perform good if its diluted excessively with gas.
He’s going by smell and not by a UOA.

Back