Oil/Filter Recommendations?

Why is that? Pennzoil Ultra Platinum has an API SP rating.
Pennzoil oils are always on the thinnest side of grade. One of the thinest 5w20 and 5w30.
I'd suggest M1 EP 5w30 for all your cars, yearly is good for the Mustang. But do 5k OCI for the truck. Use M1 filters or OEM. For several bad observations with Fram I'll no longer recommend their filters.
There's never a reason nowadays to use anything other than synthetic.

Pennzoil oils are always on the thinnest side of grade. One of the thinest 5w20 and 5w30.
I'd suggest M1 EP 5w30 for all your cars, yearly is good for the Mustang. But do 5k OCI for the truck. Use M1 filters or OEM. For several bad observations with Fram I'll no longer recommend their filters.
There's never a reason nowadays to use anything other than synthetic.

KV100 of 10.3 for PUP vs 10.6 for M1 EP 5w30?

1. 3,000 miles per year the car will rot, from age.
2. Wont matter , the truck will outlast your ownership.

I think this is a classic case of...you don’t drive much but you want the best. So buy the best. Amsoil. Haha. No, I don’t know. I’d buy whatever brand name synthetic is on sale, and the Fram Ultra Synthetic filters looks well built (usually reasonable at Walmart). I think most OE filters are well made, and a lot more reasonable than people realize.

I personally like ”one stop shopping” with great prices. For me that’s Walmart; where I can look at 7-8 different brands, get one on sale, then turn around and have a selection of 4-5 brands of filters to chose from. I have a Toyota - Walmart carries OE filters, Fram, Mobil1, K&M and Super Tech. I can get a filter for my car there in three choices out if those.

Back