Oil/Filter recommendation for 2007 Camry 2.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ZZman
You don't say how often you change the oil. But if you go to Walmart and get the oil and do your own change you could probably buy Syn oil and double your oil change interval and the price would come out about the same.

I change my oil every 5k miles currently.

Bill in Utah, I agree. It's just not worth the chance while under warranty to vary from 5000 mile oci. My plan on our camry is dino oil every 5k until 60k. At that time, I will change to synthetic and stretch it out to 7.5k oci.

Factory filters for my V6 Sienna were repainted Purolators.

I bought a case of the factory filters cheap too but eventually settled in on the standard white Purolator filters.

First filter on the car was a Japanese Toyota filter with a different number.

My Sienna likes YBP. I bet your Camry would too.

Good luck.

Originally Posted By: tsmay51
Bill in Utah, I agree. It's just not worth the chance while under warranty to vary from 5000 mile oci. My plan on our camry is dino oil every 5k until 60k. At that time, I will change to synthetic and stretch it out to 7.5k oci.

I did a almost 7k run on conventional and the UOA came back excellent. I'd try one and do a UOA to see if everything is a OK.

If it is, you could prob do a 7.5k on conventional with no worries.

After the warranty of course.

Take care, bill

Castrol GTX Is good snake oil, go on to their website and click on the "Which oil to buy" button for the proper viscosity grade for your car. as for filters, I always go with factory oem filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back