oil filter reccomendation 2004 mustang cobra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for an oil filter recommendation for my recently purchased 04 cobra. I'd like to stay with stuff that is readily available. I have access to baldwin and fleetguard filters, then all the regular auto parts store stuff wix, mobil 1, k&n, fram etc. I had planned to try mobil 1 for a 5k oci. any recommendations on that?

While the Mobil 1 is a very high quality filter, it's also way overpriced, unless you can get it as part of an oil & filter "deal" from a FLAPS.

IMHO, the "best" filter on a value-for-money basis for a Ford product is the good ol' Motorcraft FL820S, available at most FLAPS and even at Wally World for under $4.00.

I have a good friend with a supercharged '07 Shelby GT that's been extensively modified and has 760 RWHP, and that's the filter he uses.

Sorry, what is FLAPS?

As to the OP, anything Ford I would not stray from Motorcraft filters. They're just too good and not that hard to pay for, even from dealerships in Canada. In the US they must cost half what I pay here like everything else
frown.gif

They are some of the best filters I've ever used on anything. My Ranger will never see any other brand unless they change something and go downhill.

how do the wix filters compare to the motorcraft? or the purolator pure ones? And i meant mobil 1 oil for 5k changes, sorry i wasnt very specific....

Originally Posted By: joseph0002
how do the wix filters compare to the motorcraft? or the purolator pure ones? And i meant mobil 1 oil for 5k changes, sorry i wasnt very specific....

They are all pretty comparable, and all have a silicon ADBV which is good. Of those 3, the PureOne has the best advertised filtering efficiency.

Although people will deny it, FRAM is a great filter as well. We have used nothing but FRAM OCOD and High Milage filters for almost 90K without an issue. One went close to 10K without an issue. JMO though.

Originally Posted By: RF Overlord
Friendly Local Auto Parts Store...

LOL...did that really need an acronym?
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Greggy_D
Friendly Local Auto Parts Store...

LOL...did that really need an acronym?
grin.gif

+1, but it WAS funny
laugh.gif

FLAPS was invented here, but not by me...

This place is the KING of acronyms: PP, PYB, M1, VWB, MC, UOA, ADBV, etc...and my favourite: PU.

This place is the KING of acronyms: PP, PYB, M1, VWB, MC, UOA, ADBV, etc...and my favourite: PU.

You forgot OCOD !!
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back