oil filter for civic

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a 2007 civic and i want to know what is a good oil filter for around 5-7 bucks. i was going to go with mobil 1 but with 2k oil change intervals i think that would be a waste. I have heard great things about Pure Ones.

walmart supertech oil filter would work just fine for 2-5K intervals.

I use pure one's because i got them on sale but have used and do use supertech on my corolla no problems

woops i meant to say 3k intervals. u heard the walmart ones supertech are made by champion labs which also make the m1 filter.

pay $15 for an Amsoil Eo filter and change it every 5th-6th oil change, cheaper in the long run

Last edited:
+1 to wallymart's Supertech.

I have stocked up on ST for dad's 7th gen civics to the point where it would literally outlasts his car, period. I'm doing roughly 5Kmiles changes now.

are st's so good?

my top choices are Wix or pure one.
i heard pure one has beeter filtration

OEm blows currently. its a Ao2 and they arnt that good. the Ao1 were a ton better. Still will get the job done i guess but for the dealer price its s rip off IMO

Originally Posted By: IcebergS2000
How about an OEM filter? And while you are at the dealership don't forget to pick up your oil drain plug washer.

yep, buy a case on ebay.

Originally Posted By: hooligan24
pay $15 for an Amsoil Eo filter and change it every 5th-6th oil change, cheaper in the long run

I totally agree!

Bulli ...first I really need to know what your annual mileage is. If it's 6k ..fine ..3k isn't a waste. If it's 9k ....hmmmm..well it is ...but not a GROSS waste. 10k+ ..global glutton of month club.

..but that said...once you tell your annual mileage, then the sensibility of a top tier filter can be assessed.

i did 4500 miles from march 07 till novermber. Car is stored now plus i didnt drive to work for 2 months.
i would day around 10-12k miles a year

Ea0 if you want the finest level of filtration. Any filter will go that distance over that time frame without a loading issue,imo. In the cheaper filters the nitrile parts may get fatigued.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back