Oil filter filtration

Halo everyone, I have just changed my oil and started the engine for 15 minutes before noticing a leak from the drain plug. I removed the plug to replace the washer while collecting the oil with some plastic containers about 1.5 litres as I fight the oil stream gushing out while reinstalling the plug. I was short of time and did not think twice before pouring in the collected oil back into the engine. So now I'm concerned because I did not make sure of the cleanliness on the floor where I place the container and I'm afraid some foreign particles (dust, sand or soil) may have gotten into the engine. So does anyone knows whether a 25 micron rated oem oil filter would work well enough to trap any of those particles from entering the engine? I know I'm an idiot and should've just pay for a new bottle of oil to save myself from such concern but what is done is done. Can anyone please shed some light?

I've driven for 50kms already before the thought came to my mind. Would I have caused damage to the engine or would the oil filter has did its job trapping the impurities? Dropping the oil at this point would not get rid of all the impurities (if any) due to full circulation through the engine already correct?

If you're really concerned, do what Spike555 has recommended; leave the new filter in place, drain the sump and fill with new oil.

Back