Oil Filter Confusion

Read post #6

I asked about the gas for a reason. That was to figure out how to get them the correct DIESEL filter. It was a process of elimination. (y)

I think it was 2021. If our motorhome was built on a 2021 chassis, it would have had a 6.6. But its on a 2020 chassis with a 6.0
That is incorrekt. It was 2020 for the mainstream HD trucks.

Chevrolet plans to stuff a 6.6-liter engine based on GM’s generation-5 small-block architecture into the 2020 Silverado and Sierra HD.

GM 6.6 Liter V-8 L8T Engine​

The L8T V8 is a gasoline engine produced by General Motors for use in Heavy Duty pickup trucks. The engine displaces 6.6 liters in a V8 configuration and an OverHead Valve (OHV) layout otherwise referred to as push-rod.
It is part of GM’s fifth-generation Small Block engine family and made its debut in the all-new 2020 Chevrolet Silverado HD and 2020 GMC Sierra HD.

[QUOTE="I That is incorrekt. It was 2020 for the mainstream HD trucks.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for that. Ya the Silverado line will get the new stuff before the Express line will I guess. I was excited when I read the specs for the 2021, thought I had a 6.6, but they kept saying it was a 6.0. Then I find out it's built on a 2020 chassis, but sold as a 2021.

Thanks for that. Ya the Silverado line will get the new stuff before the Express line will I guess. I was excited when I read the specs for the 2021, thought I had a 6.6, but they kept saying it was a 6.0. Then I find out it's built on a 2020 chassis, but sold as a 2021.
It's not a bad idea to have the end run of a product that's had many decades to iron out. Rather than having the new engine that will need some ironing out over time.

Rock Auto list PF63, PF26, and UPF26R, but not UPF63R under 2023 GMC Sierra…

UPF63R is here…

Well, apparently it IS a 10575......

I like the picture of the UPF63R in Rock Auto's catalog, looks like another Champion product.

PF26, or PF63 can be used

Fram's "updated" website shows a 6.6L 403 cubic inch and a 6.6L 401 cubic inch for that year

PH12747 is all that's listed under the 403ci

XG10575 along with the other flavors of 10575 are listed under the 401ci

Hopefully the OP got it sorted since January :)
Fram's "updated" website also shows Fram Motor Oil available at AAP. The link they provide goes to 404, & the AAP site shows no product available.........

Back