Oil filter back order

If I was a hired phone answerer I would give the same answer, to everyone. Whatever the boss says we should say, we say. Parts problem, bye.
So lets say you find out the actual answer, then what does that change for you? Nothing.

I've been having supply chain issues at work, just can't get stuff. Management says to not tell people we can get parts, AND not to tell them we CAN'T get parts either(?) So now everybody gets a resounding "maybe"! Seems to be getting worse instead of better... 🙃

To answer your question honestly, "We don't know".
As stated above, you probably have the most accurate answer.

I am sure there are equivalent from other brand that may still be available if you need it badly.
A guess would be to few companies have bough out to many filter companies. You will see price increases in the near future is my guess. But me I had a hunch this was going to happen. So I have 10 filters for the New Mazda! Likely a lifetime supply!

A guess would be to few companies have bough out to many filter companies. You will see price increases in the near future is my guess. But me I had a hunch this was going to happen. So I have 10 filters for the New Mazda! Likely a lifetime supply!
I highly doubt Mazda filters is on backorder.. I guess you're doing once a year oil changes.. oh yeah there's definitely going to be an increase!!!! What else is new.. I might as well just buy Motorcraft and be happy.

Chance favors the prepared.
It's my livelihood.

Attachments

• oil2.jpg
    oil2.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 46
I'm a firm believer in honesty. Most people will understand given current events! Plethora of factors concerning our supply issue. Yet, I can order parts from Japan and UAE with air service. No Dodge parts to fix police units though.

What are you preparing for??
Back orders and shortages.
Fullfillment rates are dropping dramatically, again, in the aftermarket filter arena.
I expect the same when it comes to specific lubricants. Rotella seems to have never recovered.
America is in a precarious position as it seems we currently lack direction to help ease
these shortages short term and no long term preventative solutions are in the pipeline.
You can not survive in business or as a nation living day to day.

The big boys shipped manufacturing overseas to save money.
Don't hold your breath waiting for them to bring it back.
They talk red, white and blue hot dogs and some people believe them.
Ask me how I'd feel if I couldn't get my 'Nav-O-Tainment' system repaired. I didn't want any of those in-dash toys even before "19".

To Ursatdx: Good stock. How many different filters are against that wall? How often do you need to order an odd filter (say, per month)?

The big boys shipped manufacturing overseas to save money.
Don't hold your breath waiting for them to bring it back.
They talk red, white and blue hot dogs and some people believe them.
Ask me how I'd feel if I couldn't get my 'Nav-O-Tainment' system repaired. I didn't want any of those in-dash toys even before "19".

To Ursatdx: Good stock. How many different filters are against that wall? How often do you need to order an odd filter (say, per month)?
4 or 5 part #'s that are the biggest movers on the wall.
I service a ton of Euro imports. I have a Bentley oil filter (OEM, the box is beautiful).
This week I ordered 13 "Odd" filters. Old Mercedes/Volvos/New Kia/Hyundais, etc.
My provider sells these individually.
Having been in busines for 24 years I have some real "Odd" filters that will probably never be used.
Peugeots/old jeep diesel/I have the turbo(separate)oil filter for a chrysler 2.2/2.5 Daytona.
Many of these old filters are Havoline branded Wix filters with TFC prefix.

I bought a used sequoia 6 months ago and only purchased one oil filter. I am not too worried about brand as long as its high quality. And the 4.7 toyota v8 is a super common engine. So no worries yet.

If I only had one oil filter I would just change oil every 2500 miles a few times on the same filter.

I remember the day, no too long ago, when I could buy a WIX 57502 XP for $7 from RockAuto, or a NAPA equiv. for similar. Thought I’d bought a plenty big stash (of 4). Well, the stash is gone. Lucky local Tractor Supply had Purolator Boss $13. Only bought 2. We’ll see 12 mo from now. I also have a couple cheapo Purolators acquired as part of a oil change combo, but don’t really want to use them…though they would probably be AOK for 4K OCI. (I do a 7-8k over summer trip in “RV” and a 3-4K winter OCI). Am thinking of Royal Purple filter at the $13 price point…or maybe the OEM Motorcraft for the off-season OCI. will also look for the “unicorn” older version Fram Ultra. Not sure.

FWIW, the older wire-backed media appears to be history, but maybe the newer plastic-mesh-backed synthetic media is better…though 100% price increase a bit galling.

Yeah, we may be over the hump…BUT let us know if you can…will it still have wire-backed media? Plus, I know you didn’t get them for $7 ea…but neither did I.

I just noticed Amazon had Purolator boss filters back in stock they used to be 20,000 miles I thought, now they're only 15,000 miles and nearly $17 each.

Snagged 2 of the last OG Ultra XG2s from Meijer in N. KY (Cold Spring)-2 at $9.79 each, minus $5 mPerks coupon, minus $10 in pharmacy rewards. $4.01 TOTAL, with tax. MGM is set for life (with what I already have).
And you still have that dented Prime Guard I sent ya 😎

Back