Oil filter back order

What's going on with this oil filter back order, Purolator boss, Wix XP, Napa Platinum??? I called them up, they said they've been waiting on parts..
Platinum# 47502, Boss# PPL 22500, Wix XP# 57502xp...

What's going on with this oil filter back order, Purolator boss, Wix XP, Napa Platinum??? I called them up, they said they've been waiting on parts..
We are not mann+hummel so no one will be able to answer your question factually but rather based on assumption. If you called them and that's what they told you, then it appears to be supply chain issues.

To answer your question honestly, "We don't know".
As stated above, you probably have the most accurate answer.

I am sure there are equivalent from other brand that may still be available if you need it badly.

Last edited:
The Motorcraft FL-2087 filter that fits GT-350/R and the newer GT-500 is on backorder. Because those are the kind of customers who will completely understand that they are on backorder. FWIW we have been told to NOT use a FL-2062A in them. I ordered 2 of the filter caps because they come with filters, just to get us by if needbe. It is about the time of year that even here those cars come out of hibernation.

Advance don't have any, Menards I don't have any around here, Tractor supply, when you go in there, there is none in stock.. their inventory is off.. thank you though I do appreciate it. .
I wonder if they're changing the filters.. 🤔🤔 just very odd.. unless all these parts are coming from overseas..

There are some issues with the border to our south. Don't know if those filters are made in Mexico. Truckers are striking down south..

my local walmart still having issues getting mobil 1, motorcraft and k&n oil filters. their shelves have been nearly bare for weeks. nothing but a few orange frams and even fewer supertechs. same with 5w30 oil in all brands.

Sooooo.....Is there an issue with not being able to get one? There are other brands if you need a filter.

It has been over a year now of supply issues so it shouldn't be a shock that stuff is on back order. Doesn't mater how odd the item is.

Sooooo.....Is there an issue with not being able to get one? There are other brands if you need a filter.

It has been over a year now of supply issues so it shouldn't be a shock that stuff is on back order. Doesn't mater how odd the item is.
It hasn't been over a year..

Advance don't have any, Menards I don't have any around here, Tractor supply, when you go in there, there is none in stock.. their inventory is off.. thank you though I do appreciate it. .
I wonder if they're changing the filters.. 🤔🤔 just very odd.. unless all these parts are coming from overseas..
When things happen like this the new shipment will be higher priced. It's like a tsunami,before it crashes into the shore the water disappears for a time beyond the tide markers

The supply chain in general is still pretty screwed up. Labor pool has improved, but sourcing raw materials and availability of shipping containers are still a struggle.

Back