oil extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
found this link by accident yesterday. would like to know on purpose if anyone has any real world experience with it. would like to find george too as my engine could use a free rebuild and some dyno testing!

97 astro 262,000

133119256_ce3118af93_o.jpg

BECAUSE I'M EXTREME!!!!!!!

LOL!

Sorry, had too :D

overbased CA sulfonate old school been around for years is used in motor oils and HDEO aswell as metal cutting oils IMHO other than a boost in TBN offers NOT much in wear reduction it works MUCH better if you have some free sulfur in the oil mix.
bruce

Thanks for the link Bruce. They show their crystalline products w/ sulfurized olefin to out do CP by a factor of 3 on the 4 ball. Somehow I have a problem believing that.

The corrosion tests are also interesting in that not all of their products passed. It appears that the type of Calcium Sulfonate is important to what you are doing.

""They show their crystalline products w/ sulfurized olefin to out do CP by a factor of 3 on the 4 ball. Somehow I have a problem believing that""

tapping stainless steel with a cutting oil with chlor Versus NO chlor BUT the CA and sulfur had problems in 1 test I did so I was NOT very high on this stuff tho I do use it but for TBN boost only.
bruce

Last edited:
Thanks Bruce. Crystalline anything seems like a bad idea in a lubricant. Could the precipitates become abrasive in use? Particularly in large %?

thanks Bruce,
guess there is no getting around what takes years and numerous R&D dollars to prove. side step one land mine only to find another in my path. wont be using the oil extreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back