oil change places prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by pda1122
Originally Posted by Jimmy_Russells
72 bucks at a dealer seems more than reasonable to me. Don't buy a German car if that price bugs you.

Not German. Japanese or maybe Canadian

German oil changes are more. Service A for Mercedes is about 250 to 300 and it is basically an oil change and check a bunch of things. It's 7-8.5 quarts of synthetic oil and a fleece filter. My indy charges just 20 when bringing own oil and filter plus tire rotation.

We charge a $25 shop fee for people who bring in their own oil and filter. We also don't charge any markups for German autos except for the extra quarts of oil over the 5qt price and the cartridge filter cost. One thing I would love to do is grab some of these designers by the throat and ask them why they thought it was such a good idea to put the filters in some of the stupid locations they are! Here's a shot of our little shop.

L8R,
Matt

BD59301A-26B6-4B9A-929C-2DB63173408C.jpeg

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
That's the cleanest oil change shop I've seen.

Thanks! We always sweep and mop after cars leave. You can kind of make out the back of my Sebring at the last bay door. The owner is a good guy to work for and has all kinds of memorabilia and stuff that people love to look at.

L8R,
Matt

B875C66A-F9A8-4D1A-BAC4-9689F4201D40.jpeg

85416F2A-5A16-47B0-81E9-42E6AB67A946.jpeg

Originally Posted by Lubener
Originally Posted by Chris142
We get about $45 or so to do an oil change with dino oil. Figure napa oil costs me $3.49/qt x5 QTS. My cost $17.45. Add in another $3 per qt profit and your up to $32.45 just for 5 QTS. Now add in another $5 or more for a filter and your up to $37.45. Add in the disposal fee,taxes etc and I have not added any labor yet.

$72 does not sound out of line.

Surprised you get any takers. I would never pay $45 for a dino oil/filter change.You need to get better cost pricing.

Many people request a certain brand. I can't drive 45 minutes to Walmart,buy oil and drive 45 minutes back. I'm stuck with whatever store has the best price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back