Oil Change: Man vs Woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't seen this one posted. It is old, but still funny!

Oil Change instructions for Women:
1) Pull up to Jiffy Lube when the mileage reaches 3000 miles since the last oil change.
2) Drink a cup of coffee.
3) 15 minutes later, write a check and leave with a properly maintained vehicle.

Money spent:
Oil Change $20.00
Coffee $1.00
Total $21.00
================================================== ========

Oil Change instructions for Men:
1) Wait until Saturday, drive to auto parts store and buy a case of oil, filter, kitty litter, hand cleaner and a scented tree, write a check for $50.00.
2) Stop by 7 - 11 and buy a case of beer, write a check for $20, drive home.
3) Open a beer and drink it.
4) Jack car up. Spend 30 minutes looking for jack stands.
5) Find jack stands under kid's pedal car.
6) In frustration, open another beer and drink it.
7) Place drain pan under engine.
8) Look for 9/16 box end wrench.
9) Give up and use crescent wrench.
10) Unscrew drain plug.
11) Drop drain plug in pan of hot oil: splash hot oil on you in process. Cuss.
12) Crawl out from under car to wipe hot oil off of face and arms. Throw kitty litter on spilled oil.
13) Have another beer while watching oil drain.
14) Spend 30 minutes looking for oil filter wrench.
15) Give up; crawl under car and hammer a screwdriver through oil filter and twist off.
16) Crawl out from under car with dripping oil filter splashing oil everywhere from holes. Cleverly hide old oil filter among trash in trash can to avoid environmental penalties. Drink a beer.
17) Buddy shows up; finish case of beer with him.
Decide to finish oil change tomorrow so you can go see his new garage door opener.
18) Sunday: Skip church because "I gotta finish the oil change." Drag pan full of old oil out from underneath car. Cleverly dump oil in hole in back yard instead of taking it back to Kragen to recycle.
19) Throw kitty litter on oil spilled during step 18.
20) Beer? No, drank it all yesterday.
21) Walk to 7-11; buy beer.
22) Install new oil filter making sure to apply a thin coat of oil to gasket surface.
23) Dump first quart of fresh oil into engine.
24) Remember drain plug from step 11.
25) Hurry to find drain plug in drain pan.
26) Remember that the used oil is buried in a hole in the back yard, along with drain plug.
27) Drink beer.
28) Shovel out hole and sift oily mud for drain plug. Re-shovel oily dirt into hole. Steal sand from kids sandbox to cleverly cover oily patch of ground and avoid environmental penalties. Wash drain plug in lawnmower gas.
29) Discover that first quart of fresh oil is now on the floor. Throw kitty litter on oil spill.
30) Drink beer.
31) Crawl under car getting kitty litter into eyes. Wipe eyes with oily rag used to clean drain plug. Slip with stupid crescent wrench tightening drain plug and bang knuckles on frame.
32) Bang head on floorboards in reaction to step 31.
33) Begin cussing fit.
34) Throw stupid crescent wrench.
35) Cuss for additional 10 minutes because wrench hit bowling trophy.
36) Beer.
37) Clean up hands and forehead and bandage as required t o stop blood flow.
38) Beer.
39) Beer.
40) Dump in five fresh quarts of oil.
41) Beer.
42) Lower car from jack stands.
43) Accidentally crush remaining case of new motor oil.
44) Move car back to apply more kitty litter to fresh oil spilled during steps 23 - 43.
45) Beer.
46) Test drive car.
47) Get pulled over: arrested for driving under the influence.
48) Car gets impounded.
49) Call loving wife, make bail.
50) 12 hours later, get car from impound yard.

Money spent:

Parts $50.00
DUI $2500.00
Impound fee $75.00
Bail $1500.00
Beer $40.00
Total - - $4,165.00
But you know the job was done right!

Originally Posted By: TomYoung
Even if we hadn't seen a million times, it's not that funny.

Everyone has a different sense of humor
grin.gif
. I rarely drink, but have dropped the drain plug in hot oil before.

Dave

Honestly, it is entertaining how the thought process is so different.
I started reading the guy's way after the girl's way and couldn't help but think after the first few points it was pretty much true.

Will I now try Jiffy Lube? [censored] no
laugh.gif

Here is the 2010 version:

Woman (wife) goes to quick lube joint, 800 miles past 3K mark on window sticker.

Sits in lobby with 1 dollar coffee.
Tech comes out and says, vehicle requires 5W-20 oil, will cost 10 dollars extra for "special oil".
Since 800 miles over due, needs engine flush for an extra 50 dollars.

Air filter has 2 specks of dust, 30 for a new one.
New PCV valve 50 dollars.

Walks out for 150 bucks or so.

Man (husband) Decides to do his car himself.

Logs on to BITOG and posts 75 times about proper oil, filters, air filter, etc.

Goes to Auto parts store. Buys $200 in tools, ramps, oil, filter, etc.

Spends 40 dollars on proper synthetic oil, quality filter. Changes oil. Investment 200. Has all tools to do it again for life of vehicle.

That seems to be reality anymore.

Dave

NO, the guy comes to BITOG and gets in a flame war on which oil is the best and promptly forgets about changing the oil.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
NO, the guy comes to BITOG and gets in a flame war on which oil is the best and promptly forgets about changing the oil.

True!

He doesn't forget about changing the oil, he's just waiting to see what the best oil is - before he changes it.

50-more posts here on BITOG, another flame war, and a 2-week vacation from the board, he finally gets his answer. He then goes to Wal-Mart and buys a jug of PYB.

There is another similar one from Dave Barry about man, woman and relationship in to 6th month. I will try to find it.

Originally Posted By: Deltona_Dave
Originally Posted By: TomYoung
Even if we hadn't seen a million times, it's not that funny.

Everyone has a different sense of humor
grin.gif
. I rarely drink, but have dropped the drain plug in hot oil before.

Dave

The very reason i got a heavy duty pen magnet from the snap on guy.

Originally Posted By: helix_rider

He doesn't forget about changing the oil, he's just waiting to see what the best oil is - before he changes it.

50-more posts here on BITOG, another flame war, and a 2-week vacation from the board, he finally gets his answer. He then goes to Wal-Mart and buys a jug of PYB.

Actually he never gets an answer. Every time he posts on BITOG asking what dino oil to use, the thread gets hijacked by someone wanting to promote AMSOIL!

John

Originally Posted By: John_K

Actually he never gets an answer. Every time he posts on BITOG asking what dino oil to use, the thread gets hijacked by someone wanting to promote AMSOIL!

John

Actually the opposite happens on BITOG.

The guy may already be using Amsoil, comes to BITOG and ten people spend days talking him out of it!!!
lol.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Better yet - the guy using Amsoil only needs to change his oil once a year!

Also, regarding the female at the quick change place:

$1 coffee? more like $5 coffee !!!
and don't forget the stripped oil drain plug!!!

I wouldnt even attempt a project in the garage without beer. Actully I am to the point where I measure time in beers. A oil change is only a couple beers, now a two stroke rebuild, thats a at least a six pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back