Oil Change Capacity Without Changing Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right about this, as every DIY guy here should know.
I was going to suggest (pi) r squared (depth), but you correctly note that a lot more oil comes out than that contained by the filter alone.
Heck, with the ADBV, most of the oil in the filter stays there when you remove it.

I beleave Honda recommends the filter be changed every other time. Roughly every 20K or so. I change it every time, 10th or so.

Originally Posted By: sir1900
He's from Quebec, where English is rarely spoken unless he lives in Montreal. Give him the benefit of the doubt.

The benefit has been given countless times just since I have been a member. The majority of his posts are illegible troll-like posts that have no relevance to the topic. This is an exception though. But it's mostly bad advice.

A language barrier is no excuse. I can't speak French. I don't join French speaking websites. If you can't swim, stay out of the pool.

OP - I don't understand why you would go through the hassle of changing the oil, but not the filter. Nor do I understand why you would dump 1,500 mile oil. Just change it when you arrive/return.

Originally Posted By: JerryBob
I am guessing I'd have to pull the engine out of the truck to do it.

lol.gif
Make sure to remove the transmission and windshield too.
shocked2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back