Oil Analyzers sample shipping

I dropped an oil sample with a prepaid postage for Oil Analyzers into USPC mailbox. I then realized that it would be better to hand it in person and get tracking #. Its been almost 2 weeks and eoilreport.com has no data for my sample. Did post office throw it away because it was put in regular mail box?

Are there any rules that dont allow you to drop items other than letters into USPS drop off boxes?

I dropped an oil sample with a prepaid postage for Oil Analyzers into USPC mailbox. I then realized that it would be better to hand it in person and get tracking #. Its been almost 2 weeks and eoilreport.com has no data for my sample. Did post office throw it away because it was put in regular mail box?
Probably 3rd class postage.

But they allow dropping off oil samples into regular USPS mailbox, or it must be handed in person?

If you want reliable service, it will take some effort on your behalf.

I use ALS for UOAs at +/-$19 each. At that price, they don't provide return shipping... nor would I want them to.

I take my sample, and put it in a white and light blue plastic Amazon padded mailing bag, and tape it shut. All the postal Service will see is that Amazon bag, and they wouldn't dare to slow it down. Through PayPal, I have an account with ShipStation. I can create a first class mailing label, with a tracking number, for $3.58. I pay for it via PayPal and print it on my printer.

Since it is a pre-paid package, I mail it from my mailbox at the end of my driveway.

It is delivered to ALS in three business days, and I can track it anytime along the way.

Has anyone successfully dropped an oil sample with prepaid package to USPS mailbox? These rules are confusing

I mail packages much larger than oil samples in USPS collection boxes all the time. The 10oz rule applies to stamped packages only. Prepaid return labels and internet postage does not apply.

Back