Oil Analysis from 2014 Ford F550 6.7 Powerstroke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mbacfp
TThanks Uncle Dave for the info on the Filter Mag...2015PSD and roadrunner...do you run a filter mag as well on your powerstroke?
I use a Gold Plug magnetic drain plug and it has captured some metal on each OC. It is enough to mean anything? Not sure, but I like the fact that it is being caught and not circulated. I have not looked into a filter magnet as yet.

Originally Posted By: mbacfp
Roadrunner,

See your point. My truck has the highest gears and the detuned 6.7 with the single vane turbo...so different setup for sure. Excited to have a baseline for wear and engine health. Will check ScanGuage II variables for power percent...would be interested in how hard the motor is working in certain conditions.

When climbing hills the scan gauge quickly shows you where a downshift will reduce load and save fuel, the mercedes 5 speed blows on downshifting and lots of guys run scan gauges claim they pick up multiple MPG by riding it manually- that seems a stretch to me but the tool works well for monitoring and optimizing load.

You can read all about them in the sprinter forums.

Likely Ford has a better downshift logic.

Fe is high, maybe because the vehicle sits a lot and get some rust on the cylinders, that is scraped to the oil at next startup.
Same source as recreational vehicles, as is in low used piston aircrafts.

Yes, you can say zWOW! Kkkk

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: UncleDave
incremental RPMs do wear more but the load causes more wear than the RPM itself.
Take 2 trucks one with a 3:73 rear end and one with a 4:10 rear end- the one under the most load will start leaking down quicker every time

By load, I suppose you meant torque ?

especially if its paked in a garage with an unvented dryer....

You could use those dissecant plugs. They're good for about 6 mo.

Originally Posted By: zeng
incremental RPMs do wear more but the load causes more wear than the RPM itself.
Take 2 trucks one with a 3:73 rear end and one with a 4:10 rear end- the one under the most load will start leaking down quicker every time

By load, I suppose you meant torque ?

I did not mean that but I suppose it could be viewed that way.

I meant load as defined by ODBII looks at it as two formulas absolute load and calculated load.

One short definition would be available percent of peak torque correlated with engine vacuum.

One of the two formulas looks like this.

CLV as: (current airflow / peak airflow @sea level) * (BARO @ sea level / BARO) * 100% LOAD_PCT = [current airflow] / [(peak airflow at WOT@STP as a function of rpm) * (BARO/29.92) * SQRT(298/(AAT+273))]

Nah, load would wear bearing, leading to copper, tin, lead aluminium or silver readings, depending on the engine... Iron from cylinders and maybe rings, top rings if iron carbon ones (most of times rings would be giving chromium specially in low mileage engines that still have a lot of Cr cover on them).

Thanks...was just curious is the Iron was a cause for concern? With other variables somewhat in line, maybe Iron isn't abnormal?

Thanks to all...sorry for initially posting this thread in the wrong spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back