Oem specified manual transmission oil superseded - Renault Elf NFJ 75W-80

Ooops - I didn't look thoroughly... I'd give them a call regardless.
Did it, they don't even have a lead time. Given that its also out of stock elsewhere I'm not sure what will happen. I'm in no rush so I could wait in case its the current global situation that has caused further supply chain interruptions. Though I am also tempted by the NFX, perhaps the dealer will sell me some of that stuff.

Hi, I'm trying to decide what oil to use in the first manual transmission oil change that one of our fleet will be getting (2014 Dacia), its on the factory fluid with no issues at 40k miles.

The owner's manual specifies "Tranself NFJ 75w-80 API GL4+"
aka "Elf Tranself NFJ 75W-80 EP Semi Synthetic Transmission Fluid"

This oil is no longer available and has been replaced by "Elf Tranself NFX SAE 75W EP Synthetic Technology Transmission Fluid".
This new fluid states: "Officially approved and recommended by Renault, Nissan and Mitsubishi for Sx, Jxx, TLx, NDx, NDk1, Pxx, DBx gearboxes."

My vehicle does indeed have a Jxx gearbox.

It even has a sticker on it that says it replaces the original oil:
View attachment 92647

Given that Elf is OEM for Renault and I've always used the Elf engine oil for 50k miles, I wanted to use the factory transmission oil too.

If you were in my position, would you find another 75W-80 GL4+ oil (such as from Motul or Total) or would you use the 75W Elf oil that has superseded the original fill?
Any insights into why monograde manual transmission oil is becoming more common?

I would ask the local dealer, but they are pretty useless and have lost my trust. I'm not interested in warranty etc. I just want to maintain the car to the best standard possible.
The newer MTFs being speced are low viscosity fluids of about 6cSt@100C.

I would try the Redline MTL-LV:

https://www.redlineoil.com/mt-lv-70W75W at 6.5 cSt.

Back