Odd 2nd gear pop out.

01 V70 T5 5 speed manual.

I’m having a issue where on a certain specific turn, seriously haven’t had this happen on any other turn. 25mph rev matching into 2nd gear, slow to 15mph right hand 90 degree turn, Turning from one street to the next, car pops out of gear when I turn to the right. It’s like the shifter cable is binding in a specific location and under only a certain circumstance and pops the car into neutral. I don’t believe the trans is low on fluid, or a mechanic issue as the shifting is very solid and smooth. It’s just this random issue and I don’t know where to look into checking. Previous owner did say it has a weak lower motor mount but doesn’t need changing yet. but I don’t believe it’s that. As I never see the engine move when revving it in neutral. But maybe it has something to do with it. Any thoughts?

A motor or trans mount was my first thought as I read your post, before I even got to the part where you mentioned it. I would at least start with checking them thoroughly.

OP, you can't do better than FCPEuro! It provides a lifetime warranty on almost everything it sells!!! The Hutchinson kit has 18 5 star ratings at FCPEuro with 1 3 star rating.

Back