OAI vs Blackstone

Amsoil/OAI offers a UPS pre-paid kit, KIT02, for the same price as the KIT01 pre-paid USPS kit. Just sayin.

They also have a "Value" kit, KIT14-PC $16.60, but shipping is on you.

Wed. afternoon I shipped (walked in) via USPS w/tracking ($4.50) a value kit from Bulverde, TX to the OAI Houston lab location. Tracking shows it was in Houston out for delivery on Friday.

I shipped a sample to Blackstone at the same time via their USPS pre-paid kit.

We'll see who wins?

Does OAI use GC for fuel dilution?
If so thats a win right there I want accurate fuel dilution numbers esp if a performance, GDI, or TGDI engine.

My samples to Blackstone typically take 4-5 days to arrive. Weirdly, the last one I sent on a Saturday delivered by Monday. Yeah, GC is a more accurate method for determining fuel dilution, but if you already know your car is a fuel diluter, then you can comfortably add a few percentage points to BS results. Bottom line is, you see the flash point and viscosity are low, so you know, even without knowing exactly what percentage. Just watch your wear numbers and adjust OCI downward.

My samples to Blackstone typically take 4-5 days to arrive. Weirdly, the last one I sent on a Saturday delivered by Monday. Yeah, GC is a more accurate method for determining fuel dilution, but if you already know your car is a fuel diluter, then you can comfortably add a few percentage points to BS results. Bottom line is, you see the flash point and viscosity are low, so you know, even without knowing exactly what percentage. Just watch your wear numbers and adjust OCI downward.
I agree but they might as well put mild moderate or severe and no number because its accuracy is abysmal.

Amsoil/OAI offers a UPS pre-paid kit, KIT02, for the same price as the KIT01 pre-paid USPS kit. Just sayin.

They also have a "Value" kit, KIT14-PC $16.60, but shipping is on you.

Wed. afternoon I shipped (walked in) via USPS w/tracking ($4.50) a value kit from Bulverde, TX to the OAI Houston lab location. Tracking shows it was in Houston out for delivery on Friday.

I shipped a sample to Blackstone at the same time via their USPS pre-paid kit.

We'll see who wins?
OAI wins. Shipped via USPS last Wed a OAI value kit sample (KIT14) and received the results today (Tues). I like it

Back