Mild rant: Blackstone's UOA mailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've sent numerous samples to Blackstone over the years. Early on, they didn't include postage with their mailers so I would put the black container into a small box and ship it in via USPS First Class parcel. It always got there on time, no issues.

But now that they raised the UOA price and postage is pre-paid, I'm having all sorts of issues with the black container making it through USPS's systems. The ones I've sent in the black container always get flagged or delayed or routed a million possible ways.

It's almost become a problem to the point that I'm convinced I should keep a 'backup sample' of anything I send in. This way if USPS loses the sample, then I can send it in AGAIN but in my own box.

I wish they'd offer a discounted UOA price for anyone using their own postage.

I have to wonder if it might work to simply either 1) Scan the postage-paid label and then print out a copy and tape it to a mailer/box and put the container inside, or 2) carefully peel the label off of the container and attach it to the box/mailer, and put the container inside.

Heck, you're still sending the exact same thing, and only using the postage the one time. Shouldn't matter if it's on the container or the box it's in.

Or you could go onto rockauto and order the "Wix" analysis kits for $9.xx and send it out the way you used to send it out!

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
I have to wonder if it might work to simply either 1) Scan the postage-paid label and then print out a copy and tape it to a mailer/box and put the container inside, or 2) carefully peel the label off of the container and attach it to the box/mailer, and put the container inside.

Heck, you're still sending the exact same thing, and only using the postage the one time. Shouldn't matter if it's on the container or the box it's in.

That may be something I ask Blackstone directly. I assume that the USPS prices each UOA sent and then sends a bill to Blackstone each month. If you were to put their label onto YOUR box then it might increase the price or be seen as less than desirable behavior.

This came up not too long ago.

Rerouting, delays and loss-in-mail were the common complaints.

I guessed that the recognizable address was associated with bad spillage stories. Forget that the supplies provided are postal system approved.

I think we're living through "a resistance movement" on the part of the postal workers.

I'm going to go with "my own box and relocate the mailer label" when I send mine in.

I have cronicaled my experience with this in the UOA general forum. The label goes to the postage due unit so I imagine Blackstone is going to be less than thrilled to get a bill for 2 or 3 times expected assuming it even gets there and isn’t a violation of their return service permit.

Originally Posted By: deven
Or you could go onto rockauto and order the "Wix" analysis kits for $9.xx and send it out the way you used to send it out!

Does this go to Polaris?

ALS Tribology

Originally Posted By: benjamming
Originally Posted By: deven

Does this go to Polaris?

I do not use USPS for anything as a matter of principle. They have screwed me too many times. If I mail ANYTHING, it is certified, return receipt requested and insured.

Why do you think UPS exists? ANSWER: lots of folks feel similar to how I feel.

Rant over.

Originally Posted By: Ihatetochangeoil
I do not use USPS for anything as a matter of principle. They have screwed me too many times. If I mail ANYTHING, it is certified, return receipt requested and insured.

Why do you think UPS exists? ANSWER: lots of folks feel similar to how I feel.

Rant over.

Sure I'll spend $8 to ship it via UPS when USPS would be around $3 max.
crazy2.gif

Reddy45,
[off-topic]
I take it you didn't take the tropical vacation?

You worry about the wrong things....

Stay confy my BITOG friend...

Forget Blackstone. Get sale ones from RockAuto or the $16 from NAPA. Mail in box or envelope. I have mailed just the supplied shipping container and it's taken weeks but is never lost.

Originally Posted By: pandus13
Reddy45,
[off-topic]

Hi pandus. Thanks for checking. No island vacation yet but it's in the works!

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
Originally Posted By: pandus13
Reddy45,
[off-topic]

Hi pandus. Thanks for checking. No island vacation yet but it's in the works!

Enjoy it my friend. Just do not marry there....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back