NYC/NJ roads suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Leo99
If in NJ and driving the speed limit, please move to far right lane and get out of our way. You out of state folks drive way too slow.

We have quite a few out of state drivers in So Cal highways. Most out of state license plates from NY, MN, MA ... on infamous I-405, I-5 are so slow on middle lanes cars had to brake hard to avoid accident and quick lane change to either left or right lane, this creates another accident avoidance maneuver from other drivers.

Looks like we mostly have slow pokers from out of state. Even high performance cars such as Mercedes AMG, BMW M-sport, Audi Sport, Corvette .... are too slow on California highways, are they intimidated ?

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: Leo99
If in NJ and driving the speed limit, please move to far right lane and get out of our way. You out of state folks drive way too slow.

We have quite a few out of state drivers in So Cal highways. Most out of state license plates from NY, MN, MA ... on infamous I-405, I-5 are so slow on middle lanes cars had to brake hard to avoid accident and quick lane change to either left or right lane, this creates another accident avoidance maneuver from other drivers.

Looks like we mostly have slow pokers from out of state. Even high performance cars such as Mercedes AMG, BMW M-sport, Audi Sport, Corvette .... are too slow on California highways, are they intimidated ?

I don't know what it is but the cars from NC and NY stand out as slowpokes. The Florida cars for the most part go very fast.

Originally Posted By: Rick in PA
My father use to say "For every pothole, there's a crooked politician."... and we have a lot of potholes in PA.

My grandfather said the same thing. Being a young child with a took most things literally, I interpreted this saying to mean that each politician was responsibility for a specific pothole if the pothole wasn't fixed there was a politician somewhere not doing their job.

Looks like we mostly have slow pokers from out of state. Are they intimidated ?

How about this theory:

You have someone who is 3000 miles away from home, in their car, and they NEED to be able to make it back home in one piece, and they don't want to have an accident while they are on a cross country trip.

Seriously, do you not even think of this as a possibility?

BC.

Looks like we mostly have slow pokers from out of state. Are they intimidated ?

Originally Posted By: Bladecutter
How about this theory:

You have someone who is 3000 miles away from home, in their car, and they NEED to be able to make it back home in one piece, and they don't want to have an accident while they are on a cross country trip.

Seriously, do you not even think of this as a possibility?

BC.

The safest driving technique is go with the flow (and stay on right lane). When you are 15-20 MPH slower than traffic(cars on left and right passing you at more than 15 MPH) you are in danger of having a traffic accident any second.

Last edited:
Its not for everyone, but there are many rewards possible if you can do it. Money is the big one, but there are others.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Our country has billions of dollars to support puppet governments overseas but very little money to improve infrastructure here in the USA.

Recently read about Obama spending money on a wall on the Mexico Border. The southern Mexico border.

Roads and traffic are bad in NYC and NJ?
I'm shocked! You're right, the roads are in lousy condition and the speed and volume of traffic makes SoCal look like a rural enclave. I don't really enjoy driving there, but many parts of Florida aren't a walk in the park either and passing through either Chicago or Atlanta is truly awful. LA is also really bad, especially in the rare rains, since so many drivers are on the bald eagles that work just fine in the dry and there is an absence of good drainage.
The commercial airports are dumps in NJ and NYC as well that slow down to almost nothing at the slightest hint of anything resembling inclement weather.
OTOH, if you live in the area, you find airfares on real airlines that are the envy of those of us out here in flyover country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back