Nufinish, my new best friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know people have been likeing or bashing this product but I have NEVER used a product that goes on so easy.

It also does wonders on smooth plastic and cleans off the oxidation and brings them back to life.

I have a black truck and have used them all and this stuff will never be replaced in my garage.

No buffing, no sweat, just apply a thin haze and remove. Repeat if necessary.

If you want an SUV nice and shiny in 30 minutes, just go for it.
grin.gif

I'd bet there's plenty of swirl marks on your truck.
A cleaner wax on black will cause swirls seen the sun hits it on certain angles.
NuFinish is one of the most abrasive cleaners waxes on the market.
If it works for you,great.
Different strokes for different folks.
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Colt:
A cleaner wax on black will cause swirls seen the sun hits it on certain angles.
smile.gif

Not one swirl mark.

quote:

Originally posted by BlazerLT:

quote:

smile.gif

Not one swirl mark.

You've done the impossible.
cheers.gif

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by BlazerLT:

quote:

smile.gif

Not one swirl mark.

You've done the impossible.
cheers.gif

Just put it on my 1998 Neon and again great results.

This is not a rubbing compound hence the lack of swirls.

I like nufinish, but i remember it created a lot of dust so i stopped using it. I may have been putting on too much, but i dont think i was.

quote:

Originally posted by sxg6:
I like nufinish, but i remember it created a lot of dust so i stopped using it. I may have been putting on too much, but i dont think i was.

Yea, you were and so was I when I just started with it.

You only have to put on a light haze of the stuff, heavy application is not needed.

As soon as I used the right amount on the surface, no more dust.

In fact, for all polishes and waxes I find if you use too much it will dust.

My decrepit pert-near worn out feeble mind holds a glimmer of a mammery... uhhhh, memory, but not of a mammary, a little snippet of recalll of a sealant test done a few years back that included NuFinish, both the liquid and the paste types.

The product scored quite well for durability but what was interesting to me was that the paste version of the product lasted noticably longer than the liquid form of the concoction.

I have noticed that the liquid form is the most commonly seen on store shelves, at least around this neck of the woods. But, once in awhile, while creeping down the aisles of local retailers I do see once in awhile a can of NuFinish paste winking at me, swiveling its little metal can hips, enticing me in a sultry manner.

But, the rest of my lard-laden bulbous body is as decrepit as my mind so I can ignore those enticements.

Besides, I'm still sticking with my sensuous lithe Liquid Glass.... for now.

I've been using NuFinish on my Cherokee since I got it 9+ years ago. No swirl marks, it still looks good (for a Jeep), and I put it on about twice a yar and that's it. Lasts a long time, still beading wtaer, and the last application was September 2005.

quote:

Originally posted by MarkC:
I've been using NuFinish on my Cherokee since I got it 9+ years ago. No swirl marks, it still looks good (for a Jeep), and I put it on about twice a yar and that's it. Lasts a long time, still beading wtaer, and the last application was September 2005.

Yea, the beading is actually quite impressive.

quote:

Originally posted by zmeli:
I have been told that Nufinish contains over 50% PD's that is harsh on new car gel/clear coats.

I used it on my 99 white clear coat Grand Marquis every week since day one in 99.The car looked brand new until the hurricane Wilma killed it last October.

Now i use it on my 05 Crown Vic.Every 2 weeks or so.Due to the heavy daily rains i like to keep alot on it.I now its overkill.

Can you use NF in place of regular caranauba wax?
dunno.gif
If so, I'll get a bottle, as I have my '00 cavalier (white), my wife's '03 impala (silver), and my mom's '04 LeSabre (brownish bronze?) to do, and all that waxing does get to be a bit tedious.
frown.gif
banghead.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Vuser:
Can you use NF in place of regular caranauba wax?
dunno.gif
If so, I'll get a bottle, as I have my '00 cavalier (white), my wife's '03 impala (silver), and my mom's '04 LeSabre (brownish bronze?) to do, and all that waxing does get to be a bit tedious.
frown.gif
banghead.gif

Yes, and it lasts a lot longer too.

One coat, and then another one coat after 30 days and you will be set for months.
cheers.gif

Nu-Finish is still one of the best auto polishes on the market. It's a very well rounded product, in that it meets the needs of the everyday consumer. There are better products available as with anything. What I like about Nu-Finish is: 1) It's easy to apply and remove. I used to apply it on my vehicles, go in the house and have lunch and then come out and remove it.
2)Removes light hazing/oxidation with little effort.
3)Last a reasonably long time with a couple of applications and still beads water. Whats a long time? Depends on where you live. Hotter climates neen more applications.
4)Good price! Sometimes you can get the "20 % more free" bottle for the same price as the 16 oz. price.

I've compared Nu-Finish with Liquid Glass in a side-by-side comparison test on my own cars and I don't see any difference. Nu-Finish $6.00... Liquid Glass $18.00.

I now remember buying a bottle back in'88 when I had an '80 chevy.
pat.gif
The only reason I did not see any difference was the paint was pretty worn out. I'll try some for the three cars I had mentioned, and let you know how they turn out.

I've used NewFinish for about 12 years when Consumers reports rated it best. All my cars have been dark colors and I don't remember seeing any swirl marks. I wax 2X times per year anf keep my cars for 8-10 years so they see lots of waxing. My cars look extreamly well after 8-10 years when I sell them. I do think you may get a deeper concoures shine with some other waxes but, I don't care to wax every month or so.

So true, this stuff is awesome, especially when you can apply it in the sun with no problems.

On my Black truck there is not one swirl from it.

It has no abrasive particles so swirl marks won't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back