Now that you have look...

Now that you have looked at my latest UOA, tell me what should I do. [Confused] Stick with Petro-Canada Dino, or move on with Penzzoil ? If so in what Penzzoil will be better ? Don't suggest Castrol GTX,I don't trust them, but hey its only personal [Wink] Do you think the oil life monitor come off too late or just at the right time ? [I dont know] Thanks for your input Richard

quote:
Originally posted by Baveux: -*-* Do you think the oil life monitor come off too late or just at the right time ? [I dont know] Thanks for your input Richard
Do several UOA's and when you are on the third or fourth one, I would imagine that you can make this decision for yourself.

quote:
Originally posted by Baveux: Now that you have looked at my latest UOA, tell me what should I do. [Confused] Stick with Petro-Canada Dino, or move on with Penzzoil ? If so in what Penzzoil will be better ? Don't suggest Castrol GTX,I don't trust them, but hey its only personal [Wink] Do you think the oil life monitor come off too late or just at the right time ? [I dont know] Thanks for your input Richard
What's your beef with GTX?

Baveux

My beef , mostly perception, I doesn't like their marketing. I dont like the way the make you work to get their tech data sheet. [No no] Finally, I didn't like the black kind of powder sitting at the bottom of the 2x4 litre jugs that I bought few years ago. [SPAZ!] The oil seems to be ok, but its hard to explain, you trust or you dont , I dont !!! [Dummy!]

When I looked at your UOA, I thought 75%X5,000 miles= 3,500 miles of around town driving. I'd switch to 10W30 Duron and compare the results. I believe that Chevron and PC lubricants are very similar, except that PC's lubricants are formulated with our colder enviroment in mind. PC's 10W30 is only a 10.1 cSt when new, Duron 10W30 is 11.3

Alright Friendly...if you're gonna give me a hard time about my liking of Pennzoil Long-Life, then I'm gonna start giving you a hard time about Petro-Can... [Big Grin]

Jelly, That is only because Costco quit the yellow stuff a couple of years ago. They have RX Super now, which was not CI-4 until last month, and only in 15W40. Would I pay $46.00 for a pail of Duron if I could get Penz LL for $12.00 cheaper? Not. Sometimes PC gets carried away with what they think their products are worth. My last synthetic purchase was a case of Chevron 5W30 for that very reason.