Not a random photo thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 74178

This is a bridge over Rt 4 in Farmington CT, aka "The Big Bird Bridge" I am almost 60 and I recall it saying "Big Bird" when i was in my tweens.

It is so baked into the local folklore that when the HS decided to retire its questionable mascot, a suggestion came in to rebadge the teams "The Big Bird Bridgers"

As to keep on topic, i can imagine the reflection of this bridge in a sphere of labradorite might make it look more presentable.

OT: I'm an orthoclaise guy myself.
I spent 7 years at the health center there and somehow I do not remember coming across this bridge...

Advantage of a black pug. We had black and fawn.
This one belongs to her grandparents. We are watching him for a while.

We have a black female and her brother and sister both have black females which are both litter mates to the fat fawn one. Somehow they are half his size. Lol

We have a black female and her brother and sister both have black females which are both litter mates to the fat fawn one. Somehow they are half his size. Lol
you'll have that....
my buddy has had his Little brothers Dog (Pepé) while he's been in the Army since...2017?... Some Sort of small Skinny Hyperactive terrier...so your typical Terrier, but with ADHD...
Their mother has Pepé's Sister from the same Litter, Leslie.
Leslie Looks Like a Sausage with Legs. fat and Round, Stubby legs, Trouble jumping to couch height, etc.
now they were "raised" in very Different Circumstances...

Pepé buy a Late Teens Stoner/Gamer and his Roomies (never learned that he needs to go outside to poop/pee, etc. OBSESSED with his Ball, etc.) Here in Ohio.

Leslie was raised by a 50 something Empty Nester Physicians' assistant and Her native Girlfriend in Very Rural Alaska.

The Mom Bought both Dogs Just before she Moved to very Rural Alaska, (St.Mary's - at the Confluence of the Yukon, and Andreafsky Rivers if anyone feels like looking it up) several years ago.

Heck, I'm taller than both my Brother and Sister, and weigh as much as both of them put together.... of course we're not from the same Litter, just the same Parents...

I took my neighbors' kids to the county fair today. Their dad is currently deployed and their mother needed a day off. The fair was maybe 1/4 as crowded as in previous years and there were less venues, all spaced apart very generously. Besides the rides and the food the kids loved the motorcycle stunt show and the pig races. There was no live stock exhibition this year. I found the largest corn dog and an equally large sausage for myself.

1953 Case tractor on display:

pichost

Nothing like a 12Ra surface finish on some 304…. Smooooooth!
8C18C259-4208-4332-9661-D62803334E16.jpeg

Last edited:
FedEx, after a one-week delay and a circuitous route through apocalyptic territories, finally delivered my bi-xenons. I am still waiting for precut, protective film to arrive.

I took my neighbors' kids to the county fair today. Their dad is currently deployed and their mother needed a day off. The fair was maybe 1/4 as crowded as in previous years and there were less venues, all spaced apart very generously. Besides the rides and the food the kids loved the motorcycle stunt show and the pig races. There was no live stock exhibition this year. I found the largest corn dog and an equally large sausage for myself.

1953 Case tractor on display:

pichost

What fair is this? Went to the Kern County Fair, really disappointed, they had chickens, cows and turkeys, just a few rides and hardly any indoor displays, of course had to leave with my big bag of kettle popcorn. :LOL:

What fair is this? Went to the Kern County Fair, really disappointed, they had chickens, cows and turkeys, just a few rides and hardly any indoor displays, of course had to leave with my big bag of kettle popcorn. :LOL:
That was the Alameda County Fair. They had some indoor exhibitions, bunnies mostly and some reptiles. There was a petting zoo, some ponies. We lucked out on the weather. It was sunny and pleasant and didn't get cold after sunset.

I enjoy a beer too when I have it but it makes me retain water and I don't care for that. Maybe I should try gin, it's made with juniper berries, a natural diuretic. I might smell like a hobo.
Tangueray and tonic is my drink of choice now, with diabetes no more beer. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back