Nonstop Running (8th day) for EU2000

I use 15W-50 which does wonderfully in my Subaru powered 5500W generator, Kawasaki water pump and other hard working engines. The pressure washer and lawn mowers and tractors generally get Rotella T6 5W-40.
What is the temperature range you experience when running your generators and pumps? It can get down to zero or lower and up to 100 on rare occasions where I live but my generator is stored in an attached garage. The oil will probably never below 25 F at startup. Somehow I doubt that the 5w of the 5w-40 RT6 I've been using is really necessary, and yet I remain hesitant to move up to 15w-40 RT6.

Rumcapital23 I'm glad to hear that all is well. Any 15w40 diesel oil will hold up and fit the bill. Check the oil level like you have been doing during fueling and change when due. It's not rocket science just due diligence. I will say that a spare fan to help keep the genny cool is beneficial but it is not required.

Rumcapital23 I'm glad to hear that all is well. Any 15w40 diesel oil will hold up and fit the bill. Check the oil level like you have been doing during fueling and change when due. It's not rocket science just due diligence. I will say that a spare fan to help keep the genny cool is beneficial but it is not required.
Stick with the Rotella T6 5w-40 in winter & 15w-40 during the rest of the yr , no worries brother !

.. genset to heat water on a 4500W water heater, while also using a few lights and the fridge. ..

This is why in deep south fl we switch our 4,500 watt water heaters from 240 volts to 120 volts and it achieves precisely same result but uses only 1,125 watts of power at a slower rate of temperature recovery (slower heating up for a family of 4 but who cares in a hurricane or extended outage !)

i ran out of my good fuel quick and started using whatever gas i could find. i avoided long lines at fuel stations by getting up early. i was blessed to find 50+ gallons every 3 days. thank God our home is reinforced concrete as are the majority of the homes on the island. that said weare considering a diesel standby in the near future.

glad your gennie held up. 👍
5 yrs of hard running for a brush set is the norm !

Back