non-Edge Castrol FINALLY has a clear window!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, Walmart now carries PP Euro L 5w30. Price is the same $22.47 for the 5qt jug, and you can probably still get that $2/qt SOPUS rebate. It is dexos2.

IMG_20170218_163829928.jpg

IMG_20170218_163955248.jpg

I have a 5 quart jug of Castrol GTX that I bought almost a year ago at Walmart that has the sight line.

Originally Posted By: BigD1
I have a 5 quart jug of Castrol GTX that I bought almost a year ago at Walmart that has the sight line.

Yeah the 5qt jugs had it before, but not the single qt bottles
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Also, Walmart now carries PP Euro L 5w30.

Walmart here has PP 0W40 too. None of the new Ultra though.

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
Why would a EURO oil needs a dexos cert?
Unless it is doubling as their SN 5w30 for US vehicles also?

Dexos2 certification means that it could be used in diesel vehicles. (Think Chevy Cruze.) The whole concept of small vehicle with a diesel is slowly making its way into American market now, but have been in huge demand overseas, in EUROpe. At least that's how I choose to interpret the Euro oils.
banana2.gif

The Cruze diesel uses dexos2, and all GM cars sold in Europe (both gas/petrol and diesel) use dexos2 rather than dexos1.

Originally Posted By: Vlad_the_Russian

Dexos2 certification means that it could be used in diesel vehicles. (Think Chevy Cruze.) The whole concept of small vehicle with a diesel is slowly making its way into American market now, but have been in huge demand overseas, in EUROpe. At least that's how I choose to interpret the Euro oils.
banana2.gif

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/17/world/europe/london-smog-air-pollution.html?_r=0

Nice!

That Euro PP would make a nice winter oil for the Jeep. Or a good long drain oil for anything.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog

The Cruze diesel uses dexos2, and all GM cars sold in Europe (both gas/petrol and diesel) use dexos2 rather than dexos1.

Yep, Dexos2 is fairly similar to the Euro ACEA C3 spec. In Oz all the Dexos2 oils are also C3 oils.

The ACEA C3 is sort of a mid-SAPS, mid-TBN version of a ACEA A3/B4 oil.

In Oz the iTi 1.4 L turbo petrol engines on the Cruze are known to chew up oil, so GM-Australia say to use a high HTHS Dexos2 oil (>= 3.5 cP) rather that the lower HTHS Dexos1 oil. I personally would use an A3/B4 oil myself, but nobody asked me. Oh well....

I'm getting pretty close to that running PUP or M1 10w30 HM in the Cruze 1.4T ...

Originally Posted By: 4WD
I'm getting pretty close to that running PUP or M1 10w30 HM in the Cruze 1.4T ...

I would do the same out of warranty.

The PP HM 10W30 has a KV100 = 10.6 cSt and is API SN rated.
The M1 HM 10W30 has a KV100 = 12.1 cSt has a HTHS of 3.5cP and is API SN and ACEA A3/B3 rated.

Both are good, I quite like the M1 HM myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back