Castrol Edge Extended Protection shortage?

Is there a shortage on Castrol Edge extended protection motor oil?
Or are they phasing it out?

I've used Castrol Edge extended protection in a previous oil change. Yes, the oil in the gold jug. Supposedly castrol's top of the line synthetic oil.

A while back I bought it one roll back at my local Walmart for $25.12 for a 5-qt jug.
at the time I thought that was overstocked because it seemed like they had a lot of it and they put it on rollback.
I have shopped several stores including AutoZone and O'Reilly's and Walmart looking for Castrol Edge extended protection oil and I couldn't find any.

None of the large auto parts stores seem to carry it.

I however got fortunate and stumbled upon more at another Walmart.
I found 3 5qt jugs of it on the very bottom shelf all 0W-20. Those 3 jugs were marked at the same price as the regular Castrol Edge motor oil(Black jug).
I just picked up a jug for $24.47.

I'm just curious what's going on if there's a shortage of the product and they were just that was what was left over or if they're phasing and out and doing away with it because maybe it's not a big seller?

Anyone got any insight?

They've taken HM EP off their site. I thought it was a bit of a mouthful anyway.

Is there a shortage on Castrol Edge extended protection motor oil?
Or are they phasing it out?

I've used Castrol Edge extended protection in a previous oil change. Yes, the oil in the gold jug. Supposedly castrol's top of the line synthetic oil.

A while back I bought it one roll back at my local Walmart for $25.12 for a 5-qt jug.
at the time I thought that was overstocked because it seemed like they had a lot of it and they put it on rollback.
I have shopped several stores including AutoZone and O'Reilly's and Walmart looking for Castrol Edge extended protection oil and I couldn't find any.

None of the large auto parts stores seem to carry it.

I however got fortunate and stumbled upon more at another Walmart.
I found 3 5qt jugs of it on the very bottom shelf all 0W-20. Those 3 jugs were marked at the same price as the regular Castrol Edge motor oil(Black jug).
I just picked up a jug for $24.47.

I'm just curious what's going on if there's a shortage of the product and they were just that was what was left over or if they're phasing and out and doing away with it because maybe it's not a big seller?

Anyone got any insight?
My Wal Mart had full shelf of EDGE EP and EDGE in most grades. This was as of Wednesday

I might be responsible for a Castrol shortage... :)
Resized_20211113_175108.jpeg

Resized_20210828_215239.jpeg