Noisy Tranny on 05 Equinox

Status
Not open for further replies.
I no there's no mechanic in a can but.... what might be the best stuff to quiet this tranny down & maybe prolong it a while longer?? So far it looks like i'll dumping the 24oz jug of Lucus Tranny stuff in it! Just wondering if there's any other stuff that's specifically for a Chevy Equinox? Thx!

Noisy Tranny? Don't here that to often. What makes you think it's the tranny? What does it sound like?

Last edited:
I highly recommend you do not put that Lucas junk in your transmission. While on that note i highly recommend you never buy any LUCAS products. They are well known to perform poorly and their additives are complete junk. For instance their fuel injector cleaner contains no PEA, which is commonly found in things like Techron, Gumout, Redline, CRC.

If you really want to throw something in your transmission, get some Lubegard red. I would urge you to find the source of your noise though, as it may be something else

http://www.lubegard.com/~/C-112/LUBEGARD+Automatic+Transmission+Fluid+Protectant

http://www.amazon.com/Lubegard-60902-Automatic-Transmission-Protectant/dp/B0007ZAJRM

I would first start off by draining the transmission pan and refilling with Valvoline Maxlife automatic transmission fluid.

http://www.valvoline.com/products/brands/maxlife/automatic-transmission-fluid/37

Already had every part on car replaced! Its a real hunk of junk to be kind. Girlfriends car. I told her to get rid of it about a year ago. That was before the head gasket went! She says she's too broke to sell it, I'm like just wait to U have to do a new or rebuilt tranny then! I felt it acting up about a year ago, but it's one of those (outta site outta mind things), since she travels for her job & I don't see her much. Every front end part but the struts, & they're shot too have been replaced. She's had it to a few garages & all the mechanics have told her Trannys going. So since she would rather buy shoes & drive it till (typical woman) she's broken down at TJ Maxx or wherever I was wondering what might prolong that agony a bit? After looking at websites 1/2 the day I'll just have her go with a bottle of lucas, if nothing else for Psychological reasons?

OK that's what I'm talking about 901 Memphis! I had seen just as much or more good things about this Lubegaurd Red but could not find it at the local chain. So do these places carry it or U gotta order it from somewhere in Kuntucky?

Lubegard is sold at O'reilly auto parts and online at various places. It's also available at Summit Racing if you have one close by.

Lubegard 60902 is what you want.

If there is any varnish in the valve body the LXE esters in lubegard could help free them up, otherwise it will only help the fluid life.

Drain and refill the tranny once a month for about 4-6 months. But if the tranny is going, then update ur AAA membership. You will need it when it breaks down on u while driving.

If the transmission is in hopelessly bad shape, Lucas oil is not a bad thing to add. I was able to get 10,000 more miles out of my grandmother's 2003 Chrysler T&C van. However, I would never use it in any transmission that worked properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back