NOCO Battery Charger BF Deals @ Amazon

FYI the 1 Amp version has failed on 2 vehicles; our RX450h and TSX.
I have one but got it for my lawn mower and portable generator …
Too wimpy for vehicles - still have several Schumacher chargers for real stuff - but with a 6000 jumper box and credit card - don’t plan to charge big batteries much …

You had 2 of the Genius 1's fail?
Yes and no... We have a home 90 miles north in Petaluma, in the wine country. I leave a car there because of room and nice to have one there just in case. The RX was there for maybe a year with the tender on connections in the front (battery is in the boot). Battery died. We swapped out the RX for the TSX after I replaced the RX battery; 2 weeks ago the newer (and larger than stock) TSX battery was weak.

So 2 cars died on 1 tender. However, I have another Genius 1 here at our Los Gatos main home. I think they are both going to the circular file can unless anyone wants them. Maybe my motorcycle friends can use them? Dunno...

The 1 amp one, if you read the literature, doesn't have the oomph for a typical 90 amp hour full size car battery. Probably won't desulfate very well, but will trickle charge ok.

I got it for around 18 bucks a few years ago, so the 23 they want now is, I guess, ok considering inflation.

Yes and no... We have a home 90 miles north in Petaluma, in the wine country. I leave a car there because of room and nice to have one there just in case. The RX was there for maybe a year with the tender on connections in the front (battery is in the boot). Battery died. We swapped out the RX for the TSX after I replaced the RX battery; 2 weeks ago the newer (and larger than stock) TSX battery was weak.

So 2 cars died on 1 tender. However, I have another Genius 1 here at our Los Gatos main home. I think they are both going to the circular file can unless anyone wants them. Maybe my motorcycle friends can use them? Dunno...
Jeff: for long gaps in storage - might just give this a try:
(Method surely works for big boat batteries)
There are fancy versions as well …
Guy at work had a seldom driven BMW 7S and eventually put a Perko switch in to solve the problem …

Last edited:
Jeff: for long gaps in storage - might just give this a try:
(Method surely works for big boat batteries)
There are fancy versions as well …
Guy at work had a seldom driven BMW 7S and eventually put a Perko switch in to solve the problem …

Classic Corvette owners probably invented post cuttoff switches...

NOCO Gensis, CTEK, and the Delran Battery Tender + are all quality battery tenders / maintainers.

I do have one of the Delran Battery Tender + models that was getting up in years (10+) so when Amazon had a sale on the NOCO Genesis line I bit and bought the Gensis 5. It’s a 5 amp model that will bring up a low battery much quicker than the Delran, which is only 1.5 amp rated.

But the Delran does have one feature that I’ve made good use of over the years: the case is metal and very sturdy. I’ve ran over it at least 3 times. I dare not get likewise careless with the NOCO or a CTEK. Their plastic shells couldn’t pass that that real-world test once, let alone several times. The Delran looks a little beat up, but still functions like new

Z

I have the 1000A NOCO GB40 and I've never used it to jump anything. I had the smaller GB20 500A previously and with a dead battery it wouldn't start a 3.7 V6 Ford Edge. The only thing I've used the 1000A for was to maintain the battery on the GTI while flashing the ECU, which took about 45 minutes. Since I end up all over the place for work I keep it in the spare tire well of the car in case I'd get stuck somewhere.

Thanks, zray1, my Battery Tender Junior (0.75 amp) died and I want to replace it with something better.

I was planning on getting a Battery Tender Plus but the NOCO GENIUS2 (2 amp) currently costs less than the Battery Tender Plus and it has higher amperage than the Battery Tender Plus (1.25 amp).

So I ordered a NOCO GENIUS2. :)

How do the NOCO devices compare with the Battery Tender devices...?
NOCO has worked much better for me over the Battery Tender I have. The Battery Tender never managed to keep my lawnmower battery viable through the winter, the NOCO does.

Back