Noack v/s HTHS

There are two oils I am comparing
Amsoil Synthetic Small Engine Oil and Amsoil Synthetic Metric MotorCycle oil, both in 10W40
Small Engine oil has Noack 3.7 and HTHS 4.4 whereas Metric Motorncyle oil has Noack 7.2 and HTHS 4.7
Application is Kawasaki FR730V Engine on a Cub Cadet LawnMower ZForce SX54. I like to mow when things are hot because if I wait for late evening the mist moisture comes on grass. Mowing is on Acreage property with thick and tall grass quite often ( 1. I dont like mowing too frequently 2. In Spring some area accumulates more water which lets mower go there only after tall grass) . I run the engine full throttle most of the time . Engine has 40 hours on it. SiAfter dropping the dealer break in oil after 5 hours, I am running Metric oil in it. Then I came to know Amsoil makes this oil for Small engines.
Basically I feel I run this engine hard. What are your thoughts of the two oils? is slightly High HTHS of the Metric oil provide any gain over Small Engine OIl which has lower Noack?
Thanks

Product sheets

Both of those oils are beyond stellar. I have a 2006 ariens with the cheap residential 23hp courage sv720. I use whatever cheap 15w-40 i have on hand and change every 3 years as it doesn't begin darken until the second year. I too run it hard at full throttle as it's what i use to cut the tall grass on my small farm and i wait until at least 10am to cut since the mildew makes everything clump, finish in 2 hours. Has about 500 hours on it and it runs perfectly and doesn't burn a drop. These small engines don't need anything special. Use whatever you want. Noack isn't an issue.

I use the Small Engine 10w40 in my FR730V. It's got about 125 hours on it and is still brown. I haven't had any issues or oil usage, but I will probably change it out around 150 hours since that's when my hydrostats are due.

I wouldn't bother with the motorcycle oil, Amsoil makes the Small Engine version for a reason. @Pablo ?

I use the Small Engine 10w40 in my FR730V. It's got about 125 hours on it and is still brown. I haven't had any issues or oil usage, but I will probably change it out around 150 hours since that's when my hydrostats are due.

I wouldn't bother with the motorcycle oil, Amsoil makes the Small Engine version for a reason. @Pablo ?
I have not used the 10W-40, but that series is better for storage as well.

As a very general rule, motorcycle oils are extremely shear resistant. In the very high output turbocharged race car world, the Motorcycle oils became a favorite. Able to handle the heat, pressure and not fail over extended races. If they are that good, they will perform quite well in a mower engine.

As a very general rule, motorcycle oils are extremely shear resistant. In the very high output turbocharged race car world, the Motorcycle oils became a favorite. Able to handle the heat, pressure and not fail over extended races. If they are that good, they will perform quite well in a mower engine.
Yes, I get that. Indeed that is the same logic I applied when I bought my mower last year and went to stores to buy oil. There were not many 10W40 full Synthetic ( that is my condition. I dont want to use Dino or Semi synthetic) in Canadian Stores so when I saw 10W40 metric oil, I thought , if this is good for Motorcycle then should be food for Kawasaki mower engine. Then I came to know Amsoil makes this Small Engine full synthetic oil and search BITOG and found following VOA.

I also noticed that Small Engine oil has almost same HTHS and better Noack. Pricewise I am getting Metric oil is not very expensive than Small Engine oil .

amsoils 10-30 was shown as a 30-10-30 in the past + prolly was ? all PAO, VP has a 30-10-30 small engine oil 48 oz for $17 at tractor supply + prolly real synthetic as well for less $$.

Duron 10w40 is an option. I went the 10w40 motorcycle route for a few years, then switched to 15w40 CK-4/SN for simplicity.
As per the owner's manual, always cut at full throttle.
That goes for chainsaws too.
Portage & Main 35 below.

Searching on forum, I found that these Small engine oil might have high amount of Zink which is now prohibited in latest API standards. Amaoil metric is SM whereas Small engine oil is SL . Does high Zink etc matter?

Back