No Valvoline Discussion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Several posters have convinced me to try Val. Maxlife full synthetic in a car I have with minor leaks. I am hoping it works, and I hope it is a generally good oil otherwise, because I do extended intervals due to lots of highway/interstate driving. I will go 7500 miles with this V-ML full syn.

The last fill I ran in my 9-5 before I traded her off was Maxlife Synthetic 10W30. It's one of maybe 3 30 weights I would trust in that application. As for the dino, when it's on sale, it's the greatest oil ever, just like Chevron Supreme, Havoline, Pennzoil, etc...

Probably have about 60 or so qts of various Valvoline oils in the stash...

Valvoline is offering a 300000 mile warranty.
Good marketing ploy IMHO. Regular use for 300k in my climate and the engine internals would be the last thing the owner would be concerned about.

Originally Posted By: ChiTDI
Good marketing ploy IMHO. Regular use for 300k in my climate and the engine internals would be the last thing the owner would be concerned about.
+1
thumbsup2.gif

The body up in Canada if not rust-proofed would be gone well before the engine no matter what oil you used.
LOL.gif

I have used Valvoline exclusively for probably close to 20 years, mostly because I bought it at Kragens and got a rebate too. But, my supply is dwindling and I seldom see it on sale at Kragens and no rebates either

Originally Posted By: ChiTDI

how does the valvoline 300000 mile warranty work??? what are the details all about... I've seen that advertisement too but forgot all about that. Later when I went to the valvoline website I cant find any details about it but the advertisement is there on their website.

I can't find their videos anymore, especially the new commercials they have about their GUARANTEE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back