No Poly-tics :) Rambling On

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by grampi
Brand loyalty limits choices. I used to be a GM fanboy, but I eventually opened my eyes and realized I was missing out on a whole lot of other very good vehicles. Are there still certain brands I won't consider? Sure....

Same here. I doubt I'll every buy another Honda.

Will buy a Mazda CX-5 at the end of the year.
Honda CRV = ZZZzzz , very bland and boring.

Daily ramble for me.... People tearing up public restroom facilities. So pitiful and disgusting 🤢. Treat the public property like you would your own lavatory. Now I have to go in there with alcohol wiped, toilet paper and be armed. Sad times

Originally Posted by goodtimes
I don't understand the prices of new pickup trucks, even a bare bones work truck is expensive. Well maybe I do understand it, profit on buying trends. The other thing I don't understand the popularity for is short bed pick up trucks. Some of the beds are so small, what is it going to carry.

Tax title license on a Silverado WT single cab was about 25K. Last time I checked this was a little high not unreasonable.

Originally Posted by dave1251
I don't understand the prices of new pickup trucks, even a bare bones work truck is expensive. Well maybe I do understand it, profit on buying trends. The other thing I don't understand the popularity for is short bed pick up trucks. Some of the beds are so small, what is it going to carry.

Tax title license on a Silverado WT single cab was about 25K. Last time I checked this was a little high not unreasonable.

Not many of today's buyers will settle for a single cab, they mostly go to commercial outfits as work trucks. Just about all of your everyday drivers want the big cab, largest V8, 4WD and every single electronic gadget that is available. Hence the $40K to $65K out the door prices of a substantial percentage of trucks driving off ot dealer's lots today. They are very trendy and desirable vehicles that folks are paying premium prices for.

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
Without starting an argument because I'm not a truck guy, I'll just say out of the big three I see a *lot* more old Chevy/GMC trucks running around than I do Dodge or Ford. I'm talking all the way back to mid to late 1970's models.

As far *if* was a truck buyer, my personal pref is for the Chevrolet/GMC because they've struck a nice looking balance between too big and a reasonable size. Chevy/GMC to me have a better look size wise like they're not trying to be the biggest most massive looking pickup on the road, yet their duty specs are right up there with the competition.

Let the fireworks begin ...
lol.gif

Except they aren't. When I was looking for a truck, the GM trucks were well behind the RAM and Ford for max towing capacity. The GM truck simply didn't have enough towing capacity for my needs. Maybe that will change with their 2020 trucks, but for now they don't compete in that regard.

Originally Posted by 02SE
Without starting an argument because I'm not a truck guy, I'll just say out of the big three I see a *lot* more old Chevy/GMC trucks running around than I do Dodge or Ford. I'm talking all the way back to mid to late 1970's models.

As far *if* was a truck buyer, my personal pref is for the Chevrolet/GMC because they've struck a nice looking balance between too big and a reasonable size. Chevy/GMC to me have a better look size wise like they're not trying to be the biggest most massive looking pickup on the road, yet their duty specs are right up there with the competition.

lol.gif

Except they aren't. When I was looking for a truck, the GM trucks were well behind the RAM and Ford for max towing capacity. The GM truck simply didn't have enough towing capacity for my needs. Maybe that will change with their 2020 trucks, but for now they don't compete in that regard.

You must be refering to HD pickups.

Originally Posted by SeaJay

Not many of today's buyers will settle for a single cab, they mostly go to commercial outfits as work trucks. Just about all of your everyday drivers want the big cab, largest V8, 4WD and every single electronic gadget that is available. Hence the $40K to $65K out the door prices of a substantial percentage of trucks driving off ot dealer's lots today. They are very trendy and desirable vehicles that folks are paying premium prices for.

Well the poster was refering to a bare bones work truck.

Originally Posted by 02SE

lol.gif

You must be refering to HD pickups.

Well, so-called HD pickups are actually light duty, as class 4(5)-8 trucks are medium through heavy duty. But I am referring to the 1-ton Dually pickups.

I even considered MDT's and HDT's, but having owned several for a business, and despite having a class A CDL, MDT's and HDT's are miserable to drive in comparison. Driving a Dually pickup with enough capacity to handle the job, makes for a more pleasant recreational experience, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back