No Nissan fluids at the dealership!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been planning to do a coolant change on the wife's Xterra for a while now and spent some time in this section of the forum trying to educate myself on coolant formulations for Nissan's. I haven't really decided what I am going to use yet but I keep reading about wide Nissan dealer price ranges on chemicals so I stopped by the dealer today to see what they charge for coolant.

The parts counter guy wouldn't even give me a price because the dealership doesn't use Nissan fluids and apparently didn't want to order any.
shocked2.gif
Funny thing is, he wouldn't tell me specifically what brand of coolant they do use, he just said to use any of the universal antifreeze products.

I then asked about pricing on the Matic-J ATF, and sure enough, they really don't use Nissan fluids. None in stock and no pricing. And again, no recommendation as to what brand to use. Nissan makes a big deal in their owners manuals about using their ATF or your warranty is toast so I asked if they would be willing to put that into writing and of course they wouldn't.
smirk2.gif
You would think Nissan would wonder why this dealership never orders any fluids.
21.gif

I also wanted to replace a broken HVAC fan speed knob. Of course, it only comes as part of a complete control assembly at $200. It's totally ridiculous that you can't buy a knob for a three year old vehicle.
06.gif

That dealership sounds like a joke. Take your business elsewhere. I would call Nissan's main customer support and let them know that they're not selling what they should be selling.

IME Nissan dealers are the absolute worst. Usually far more concerned with making finance deals with folks with 500 credit. We have a Nissan dealer here that has to puchase cars instead of floorplan because of his "credit".

Many dealers are bad baring a few.

Its my luck that in the Bay Area there is a Nissan dealership I absolutely trust. If they don't have any part, they get it from the Sacramento Nissan warehouse, no complaints, no fees... The guys at Falore Nissan, Bay Area are the best. Pure gentlemen all across from the customer reps, service and parts depts.

My nearest dealership, Dublin, CA is the worst of all, biggest assssholes under the sun.!!

I buy all my Nissan OEM fluids from my local Infiniti dealer. They have to stock all the right fluids for their models. I just ask for a discount, and they never say no.

My Nissan dealer uses Napa coolant. When my 05 Sentra blew a headgasket. I made sure they used the Nissan coolant to fill it up after the repair.

I think Toyota and Honda dealers are the best in stocking OEM fluids.

Welcome to Nissan customer service, or lack thereof. Nissan as a company and their vehicles have been going downhill for years now. Wouldn't touch another one. Chrysler even has to make their truck for them because they can't even do that right. They could screw up a wet dream. Nissan=Suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back