Mercedes coolant no more at dealership

Hi everyone,

I’m having hard time not finding the genuine mercede antifreeze (blue 325.0) at the dealerships. I don’t know why they stop carrying genuine oem blue fluid ( if someone know please do explain why no dealerships selling, did something occur?).

Told me to use

ZEREX G48 made by Valvoline.​

Not saying they are bad product. My concern is currently I have genuine oem blue fluid in the system from 3 years ago. So if I decided to change it with valvoline (blue color) then do I need to flush the oem fluids out in order to put the new valvoline coolant. From my point I though no since they are both blue color (I don’t know asking).

2011 Mercedes e350
145k mileage
Waterpump not change still oem

I’d have no problem substituting Zerex MB coolant for what you have

Also look into the Peak OET line of coolants. I’m sure they have something that is good for your MB spec.

Zerex G48 is fantastic. We run it in the MB and BMW at work. No need to worry about flushing or anything like that.

145K? Still original coolant? If so, I would flush it all out and replace with the G48.

If not original coolant, just do a drain and fill. Fully compatible.

145K? Still original coolant? If so, I would flush it all out and replace with the G48.

If not original coolant, just do a drain and fill. Fully compatible.

No, on my post it said was changed 3 years ago with thermostat changed. Only waterpump original.

My question is why coolant disappeared from the dealerships. Was that coolant design bad. I’m asking because if is was bad then I need to drain it out.

My question is why coolant disappeared from the dealerships. Was that coolant design bad. I’m asking because if is was bad then I need to drain it out.
No the choice of coolant wasn't bad. A change in coolant formulation can be the result of cost, changes in the materials used in the cooling system or more likely an improvement coolant performance. If you want to read about Euro coolants here's a major supplier.

Note: Valvoline has the license to sell G48 in the US. Glysantin (subsidiary of BASF) is the formulator.

Last edited:
The MB dealership that serviced my car used a BG coolant service machine on my 14 made the 1st of Jan 2014. On the ticket it says BG coolant service whatever that is.

The MB dealership that serviced my car used a BG coolant service machine on my 14 made the 1st of Jan 2014. On the ticket it says BG coolant service whatever that is.
Link below summarizes what you got. Their version of all makes, all model coolant, with a Super Cool additive. Personally, I am skeptical of their claims even though they have been in business for a long time. Glad it is working for you.

Link below summarizes what you got. Their version of all makes, all model coolant, with a Super Cool additive. Personally, I am skeptical of their claims even though they have been in business for a long time. Glad it is working for you.

Thanks. I question why the dealership would use that as MB are picky about their fluids. The original coolant is good for 150k and something like 5-10 yrs. It is a large Penske owned dealer that serves wealthy clientele. It was sold to the original owner.
My ML 350 has a semi solid piece of additive in the overflow tank. It slowly dissolves to maintain the additive levels. That's how they can go so long on fluid.

Hi everyone,

I’m having hard time not finding the genuine mercede antifreeze (blue 325.0) at the dealerships. I don’t know why they stop carrying genuine oem blue fluid ( if someone know please do explain why no dealerships selling, did something occur?).

Told me to use

ZEREX G48 made by Valvoline.​

Not saying they are bad product. My concern is currently I have genuine oem blue fluid in the system from 3 years ago. So if I decided to change it with valvoline (blue color) then do I need to flush the oem fluids out in order to put the new valvoline coolant. From my point I though no since they are both blue color (I don’t know asking).

2011 Mercedes e350
145k mileage
Waterpump not change still oem
Zerex G48 is on the MB approved list https://operatingfluids.mercedes-benz.com/sheet/325.0 and the Q1030004 coolant is no longer available

I noticed that MB Q1030004 disappeared from online stores, but my local dealer was still able to quote me an absurd $42 CAD per gallon for G48 concentrate! The BMW dealer down the block was a more reasonable $28.

Back