No more loans for fossil fuel vehicles at one bank in Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, regardless of where you fall on EV vs ICE, if I were a Bank Australia shareholder I would be not so happy. I think EV, to a great extent is inevitable, but the short term blow back from this “spoonful of sugar” will be substantial. I’d hate for my investments to be on the front lines of this one.

Yeah we know :p

For a while I was posting drone video’s of Tesla Texas construction …
I don’t recall much battery powered equipment on that massive site …
Wait until they hook up the factory to renewables. A renewables 10-year tax break (Schools) in Texas is getting ready to expire this year and there have been a flurry of permits.. The Tesla will probably use quite a bit of wind and solar to power the plant which makes their vehicles even greener on a lifecycle basis.

The majority of these renewable projects are eventually owned by oil/gas either directly or through subsidiaries.

You guys remember bluray vs hd-dvd war, this is the same thing happening again. EV is not their why pay for new technology when you don't even have a complete fast charging stations set up. For me to buy, that needs to be done, and to be able to fast charge my vehicle to 100% in under 15 min. The cost of a long range EV is unaffordable and I'm certainly not buying used. F that. The battery pack cost as much as a 2 year old used Honda Civic. EV doesn't have a proven life span above 10 years, I have one car 12 years old and runs like new and a 7 year old car that runs rhe same as new

One more reason I like Ron DeSantis, he just passed a law in Florida to prevent this nonsense.
Gangster governor.. No thanks.

He passed it because one of his biggest donors, the owner of a company which builds/operates private prisons across the US, was getting all annoyed because his company wasn't get a lot of looks from investors..

Wait until they hook up the factory to renewables. A renewables 10-year tax break (Schools) in Texas is getting ready to expire this year and there have been a flurry of permits.. The Tesla will probably use quite a bit of wind and solar to power the plant which makes their vehicles even greener on a lifecycle basis.

The majority of these renewable projects are eventually owned by oil/gas either directly or through subsidiaries.
It’s going to take a flurry as every MW will need reliable backup - likely GTG …

to be entirely clear... this is one Australian Bank...really a conglomeration of Credit unions, that already has a well established record of environmental activism. (though a good chunk is likely just green washing..)
from their Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank_Australia
"Sustainability
In June 2020, Bank Australia became a certified B Corp.[11]

Bank Australia has been carbon neutral since 2011 and in 2018 became certified carbon neutral by the Australian Government’s National Carbon Offset Standard.[12] In 2019 they switched to 100% renewable energy. It was the first bank in Australia to do so.[13] In 2022, Bank Australia responded to shareholder demands and set a net zero target for 2035.[14]

The Bank Australia Conservation Reserve[15] is a 927 hectare private land reserve owned by the bank and its customers. The reserve is located in Victoria's Wimmera region and is made up of three properties and is protected from development forever through a conservation covenant. The company purchased the first of the three properties in 2008 in response to customer concerns about the environment. Greening Australia[16] and Trust for Nature[17] manage the Reserve. In 2018, Bank Australia, in partnership with Greening Australia and Trust for Nature, won the Banksia Large Business Award for the conservation reserve's ten-year strategy.[18]

Bank Australia has reaffirmed that they have never invested and will never invest money in fossil fuels, live animal exports, military weaponry, tobacco, or gambling.[19]

Impact fund​

Bank Australia allocates 4% of its after tax profits to the Bank Australia Impact Fund. The fund supports projects and partnerships that "benefit people, communities and the planet".[20] As part of the fund, the bank runs an annual customer grants program, many concerned with investment in sustainability and community renewable energy projects.[21]"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back