No more Chevron in Cincy, perhaps 5w-20?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fear this is a sign of things to come at all Wally Worlds. I was at my local store this morning and no Chevron Supreme 5w-30, no shelf space for it and only two qts. of the 10w-30 off to the side by their lonesome.

I'll have to ask my neighbor to take me to Costco and see if they have it there. The Chevron website list Costco as a place to purchase their motor oils.

I hope I'm wrong but it doesn't look good.

On the bright side....they were flush with Motorcraft filters. I stocked up on a bunch of FL-820s and FL-400s.

Mikep

Brad,

$3???? That suck's. They're $1.49 a quart at the Chevron here in Lousiville. I thought Autozone carried it as well. You might try there.

Good Luck.

John

quote:

Originally posted by GROUCHO MARX:
Mikep,

the Costco's in NY haven't carried Chevron. I do see Havoline in the K-Marts though.

Not very encouraging re: the Costco thing. Do we know for sure Havoline and Chev Supreme are the same?

Mikep

fwiw

A friend has a independent service station and he sells Amoco/BP products. I see Chevron motor oil on his shelf and he says it came from the BP distributor. He says its all the same company?? Don't know if true but I saw some rant on TV business news about how the big oil companies are controlling this county. Just a handful of companies now and since this trend has come about, prices has gone up and inventories have fallen. i.e. High gas prices etc. This is not my opinion but that of some industry analysts.

Look in the yellow pages under "oil" and see if you have a distributor around you. We have distributors for most all of the brands here where I live.

I wouldn't hesitate to use Havoline. A guy at work has an early 90's oldsmobile that has run nothing but havoline its whole life and he has over 200,000 miles on this car.

Wayne

I think I'll stop in one night this week and ask to speak to the store manager (or at least to whomever is the head honcho in the automotive section) and see if they would be willing to bring in a few cases of Chev 5w-30 and/or 5w-20 if I agreed to buy it all
grin.gif

Mikep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back