No Mash Pleats Oil Filter For Solstice GXP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to find out which Filter wont get mashed pleats. Going to try These 5 Different Brand Oil Filters for the Solstice.

From to Right to Left-
Mann HU 6007
Purflux L264A
ACDelco PF2244G
Mobil 1 M1C-151A
Mobil M05436

Which one do you like to use? So far K&N, Purolator One, Boss, Bosch Premium And ACDelco PF457 have had the pleats mashed. I will NEVER use Fram! Please let me know your brand that you like to use for a cartridge. Thanks, this is my first posts. I love this site.

Attachments

• 9EE8B5D0-A259-44EC-9B25-F46256F3BBBC.jpeg
    9EE8B5D0-A259-44EC-9B25-F46256F3BBBC.jpeg
    170.3 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Purflux is an excellent product, used to get them for my Peugeot back in the day. Looks like AcDelco is made by purflux with the wavy pleats. The best filter you can get right now is probably the Fram Ultra if it is made for that application. Will it make the pleats wavy? Not sure but I doubt it. As for those that you showed, my vote would be for the Mann filter not getting as wavy as others by design. I guess we will see when you use them all and let us know. Welcome to the forums by the way!

The ACDelco Purflux is really really old, so you shouldn't use it. GM switched suppliers years ago. They are now made by Hengst.
Can you get a better pic of the date codes? I can't make them out in the pic you posted.

Mann, Hengst, and Purflux are the best filters to use in your Solstice

Since Purflux uses those chevron pleats, they won't buckle in service

I always had good luck with the AC Delco filters made by Hengst.

However the Mann looks pretty good, and they always do well in Euro applications. I would use that one with confidence.

The ACDelco Purflux is really really old, so you shouldn't use it. GM switched suppliers years ago. They are now made by Hengst.
Can you get a better pic of the date codes? I can't make them out in the pic you posted.

Mann, Hengst, and Purflux are the best filters to use in your Solstice

Since Purflux uses those chevron pleats, they won't buckle in service
I thought that ACDelco was really different From the rest. Thank you for that info man! Found it new on EBay last week. Lol

Attachments

• 77E6C64D-6369-42F5-B53C-06726645D0B7.jpeg
    77E6C64D-6369-42F5-B53C-06726645D0B7.jpeg
    101.4 KB · Views: 24
Purflux is an excellent product, used to get them for my Peugeot back in the day. Looks like AcDelco is made by purflux with the wavy pleats. The best filter you can get right now is probably the Fram Ultra if it is made for that application. Will it make the pleats wavy? Not sure but I doubt it. As for those that you showed, my vote would be for the Mann filter not getting as wavy as others by design. I guess we will see when you use them all and let us know. Welcome to the forums by the way!
Thanks man! It will be interesting to see if the waved pleats make a difference. Yes, I’ll be posting updates on this post on ALL filters seen here. I’m not going a full oil change in each filter. Don’t trust them yet haha. The Purflux is made SO solid! But people have raved about Mann filters for years.... I was extremely happy to find the Mobil M05436 Filter. It’s Very cool.

Attachments

• AE584277-DDA1-4B8F-B557-D36DA3126433.jpeg
    AE584277-DDA1-4B8F-B557-D36DA3126433.jpeg
    132.3 KB · Views: 16
So far K&N, Purolator One, Boss, Bosch Premium And ACDelco PF457 have had the pleats mashed. I will NEVER use Fram! Please let me know your brand that you like to use for a cartridge. Thanks, this is my first posts. I love this site.
Ironically, the Fram XG9018 with the metal backed filter media may be the best bet to address the failure mode described.
The Fram XG product line is just about the best performing product in the market.

But you'll 'NEVER' use Fram, so........

Last edited:
I always had good luck with the AC Delco filters made by Hengst.

However the Mann looks pretty good, and they always do well in Euro applications. I would use that one with confidence.
The Acdelco PF457 mashed after 2,000miles last year..... I was very surprised because almost everyone uses that cartridge and loves it. Maybe it was a defective filter?

I thought that ACDelco was really different From the rest. Thank you for that info man! Found it new on EBay last week. Lol

23NOV02

11/23/02
November 23, 2002

Thanks man! It will be interesting to see if the waved pleats make a difference. Yes, I’ll be posting updates on this post on ALL filters seen here. I’m not going a full oil change in each filter. Don’t trust them yet haha. The Purflux is made SO solid! But people have raved about Mann filters for years.... I was extremely happy to find the Mobil M05436 Filter. It’s Very cool.

Made in 2013, also too old

Ironically, the Fram XG9018 with the metal backed filter media may be the best bet to address the failure mode described.
But you'll never use Fram, so........
Lol oh really?! That sounds nice too. I have 2 friends buy the tough guard (I think they are called) had rust inside and no gasket when it was suppose to have a gasket. Glad we looked before we put them on. Kind of scared me away from them since.

Lol oh really?! That sounds nice too. I have 2 friends buy the tough guard (I think they are called) had rust inside and no gasket when it was suppose to have a gasket. Glad we looked before we put them on. Kind of scared me away from them since.
Um, OK.
What does the Tough Guard product line have to do with the Ultra product line?
Additionally, while your friend's personal experiences are important to you, they don't detract from the excellent established track record the Fram Ultra has demonstrated.

I'm sure we can all think of six different ways your friends ended up with filters with no gasket and internal rust. I'll leave that academic exercise up to you.

Last edited:
Um, OK.
I figured as a brand that they make every filter, so if they messed up on those, why couldn’t they on the other filters they make. Kind of leaves me hesitant, that’s all man.

Um, OK.
Additionally, while your friend's personal experiences are important to you, they don't detract from the excellent established track record the Fram Ultra has demonstrated.

I'm sure we can all think of six different ways your friends ended up with filters with no gasket and internal rust. I'll leave that academic exercise up to you.
Haha it’s just an oil filter I will never use man. If you like them, good for you. But I won’t be using rusted oil filters and no gasket. That’s poor quality man.
Lol I was with them when they got it. separate times , different stores. Enjoy Fram man. No worries here haha

Lol the fact that the OP just had to mention that tells you all you need to know what is the real point is of this thread. We get this type on here now and then.

And I see it gets even better as it progresses...
My post does a real point and it sure will help others that have the same problem. There are ALOT of engines with these same filters. What’s the point on what you just said? I saw you on other threads too, you go around putting others down and say how stupid a post or thread is man. It’s important to others and I’m sure will help others in the years to come.

My post does a real point and it sure will help others that have the same problem. There are ALOT of engines with these same filters. What’s the point on what you just said? I saw you on other threads too, you go around putting others down and say how stupid a post or thread is man. It’s important to others and I’m sure will help others in the years to come.
Lol you’re really showing your true colors fast tonight.

Lol you’re really showing your true colors fast tonight.
Haha again, your posts are useless. Why are you even in this thread and other threads if your not going help? I’ve seen you get told off from others too from you acting like this.
Anyways, thank you to the rest that helped me with the dates and your opinion on these filters. I plan on updating this thread after using these With details and pictures. If anyone else has a brand that won’t have mashed pleats In your experience, please let me know. Thank you :)

Please refer to filter forum rules.

Trolling about oil filters, brand bashing and bickering won't be tolerated.

Follow the rules that everyone agreed to by joining, or go away, its simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back