No longer owning the cars but still get toll bill from it

About 6 month ago I give away my old car to one of my friend , I was helping him out . But he seem like so not take any responsibility ( anyway no longer friend) I don’t want go much detail into it .

I sign the title over to his name and drop it at his door . Well few months later I still get the toll bill . I went to Dmv and told them I don’t own the car any more . They say nothing they can do . The owner never come register it but still driving around . They told me get the tag but I have no idea where he now . Lost contact

Do Texas license plates follow the car or the driver? If the car, you may need to log into the toll collector's website and de-register the car. Or was this a toll pass-based system (the little white box)?

Do Texas license plates follow the car or the driver? If the car, you may need to log into the toll collector's website and de-register the car. Or was this a toll pass-based system (the little white box)?

Texas license plates follow the driver (owner).

About 6 month ago I give away my old car to one of my friend , I was helping him out . But he seem like so not take any responsibility ( anyway no longer friend) I don’t want go much detail into it .

I sign the title over to his name and drop it at his door . Well few months later I still get the toll bill . I went to Dmv and told them I don’t own the car any more . They say nothing they can do . The owner never come register it but still driving around . They told me get the tag but I have no idea where he now . Lost contact
Report the car stolen.

He needs to contact the DMV and make sure that they know that the car has been sold and make sure that they cancel the registration on it.

He might still be on the hook for tolls incurred before he notified the DMV, but getting the registration cancelled will prevent that going forward.

If they want the plates back he needs to explain that the buyer skipped town with them.

Back