No leading motor oil provides more horsepower than Castrol SYNTEC*

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Mannix:
Say what you want about Castrol Syntec, but it has the most advances additive package of any of the "store bought" synthetic motor oils.

Castrol Syntec was not on your original list of oils with the "new" add pack. I thought it was only the Castrol GTX that had it. Which is it?
dunno.gif

Whoops, didn't finish my post. The MSDS on Castrols site listed ALL grades as systhesised hydrocarbons including the GC 0w30. I wonder how that will sit with the guys hanging out the European oil board?

quote:

Originally posted by double vanos:
Whoops, didn't finish my post. The MSDS on Castrols site listed ALL grades as systhesised hydrocarbons including the GC 0w30. I wonder how that will sit with the guys hanging out the European oil board?

It's just their usual, sloppy, inaccurate marketing stuff. I might be slightly concerned, but having been one of "the contributors," and having seen the actual results of the advanced lab work, I know that the statement is absolutely inaccurate as to the GC. Simple as that.

When I spoke of GTX and the others, I said that they had a very advanced new additive package that has produced stellar results, which I consider the best in the price range. The Syntec synthethic utilizes a package that contains a ~40% higher treat rate, but of course it is double the price. and is suitable for extended drains even in severe service. It is my opinion, and just an opinion, that it offers better performance than the Mobil Extended Protection line in normal use, with the caveat that Mobil's PAO formulation would give you better performance in the extremes.

I liked the older commercials where they said that they "drained" all off the oil out of several test engines and ran them until they seized and the engine that had castrol in it stayed running
wink.gif
**** good oil right there!
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by JK:
I liked the older commercials where they said that they "drained" all off the oil out of several test engines and ran them until they seized and the engine that had castrol in it stayed running
wink.gif
**** good oil right there!
grin.gif

Didnt slick 50 say that too?
crushedcar.gif

In my opinion, assuming that you are using the most recommended weight of oil in an unsludged engine, one oil is not going to give you more hp than any other. Its all marketing hype. I can see a slight hp increase if your engine is dirty and you switch to an oil, such as Mobil 1 or Mobil 1 EP, that will clean the engine. I can also see a slight hp increase if you are using a 50 weight oil in an engine speced for 20 or 30 weight and switch to the 20 or 30 weight. But that's it.

quote:

Originally posted by Vilan:
"No leading motor oil provides more horsepower than Castrol SYNTEC."

This is true. No motor oil provides *less* horsepower than Syntec either. No motor oil provides any kind of horsepower at all.

grin.gif

Yep, reminds me of Mark Twain's comment: "there are lies, **** lies, and statistics".

"No leading motor oil provides more horsepower than Castrol SYNTEC." really says nothing at all while sounding like it says a lot.

this is why oil companies pay top end marketing/sales staff more than their engineering/chemist dept

Paris Hilton sells hamburgers, boys
quit looking between the buns, there's no beef there

[ August 11, 2006, 05:06 AM: Message edited by: Steelhead ]

'No leading motor oil' provides more horsepower than 'Castrol SYNTEC'

Does this mean that if you do not use any leading motor oil, perhaps use no oil at all, then you will have more HP than if you add some Syntec to your engine. It sound like an oil-less engine may have more HP than an engine oiled with Syntech.

The english language is annoying.

I suppose one could construe that using an inferior motor oil that is not one of the "leading" brands will produce more horsepower within one's engine thing.

The sad part of the Castrol marketing is that they believe that the majority of potential customers will fall for their claptrap, that those who can see through their Bee Ess are a small enuff minority that the corporate entity can create such illogical tripe.

What an insult to the minority of non-sheep immune to most or all of the corporate blathering permeating every part of our existence.

Quote:

The Syntec synthethic utilizes a package that contains a ~40% higher treat rate, but of course it is double the price. and is suitable for extended drains even in severe service. It is my opinion, and just an opinion, that it offers better performance than the Mobil Extended Protection line in normal use, with the caveat that Mobil's PAO formulation would give you better performance in the extremes.

It's amazing how few Castrol Syntec UOA's we have. Has to be the lowest Synthetic in use by BITOG members. (Excluding GC).

Anyone use Syntec 5w-20?

Quote:

Quote:

The Syntec synthethic utilizes a package that contains a ~40% higher treat rate, but of course it is double the price. and is suitable for extended drains even in severe service. It is my opinion, and just an opinion, that it offers better performance than the Mobil Extended Protection line in normal use, with the caveat that Mobil's PAO formulation would give you better performance in the extremes.

It's amazing how few Castrol Syntec UOA's we have. Has to be the lowest Synthetic in use by BITOG members. (Excluding GC).

Anyone use Syntec 5w-20?

I think I saw a UOA of syntec 5w20. I cant remember how I found it. I think it did pretty good.

oilriser

Castrol Inc says it does best starting from virgin state. Nowhere does it state we must wait for shearing - to obtain all that increased horsepower.

My Quaker State QTorque Power 5W-20 quart jug says the same thing - using different words. I think everyone here needs to read their synthetic labels.

I believe everything written on all our quart jugs. Nobody in this industry lies -- everyone is telling the truth.

Yessirreee!!!!...
crackmeup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back