No ethanol in Shell V Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Shell and Mobil stations nearest me have all three grades with no ethanol. Every other station in the city including the other Shells, have up to 10 % ethanol. We have an ethanol plant in the city.

I have to drive over an hour to get E0 … so unless I'm in that area for some other reason I run out.

Today I was getting ready for hurricane season … fuel, batteries, candles, water, Spam (yum)
Good reminder when small storm just had our fridges/freezer on a 6000/7500 for 3 hours

Going through gas cans I did not have them marked so dumped in truck and got 15 gallons E10.

What's a good number with Stabil ethanol/stabilizer in the fuel … two years max ?

Ironically, I HAVE TO accept at least 10% ethanol in my premium fuel, but absolutely CANNOT FIND any E85 (for mixing to get tuning/power results) within almost 50 miles of here!
mad.gif
frown.gif

I was overjoyed last year when I discovered the Murphy station the next town over sold E0. Now maybe I won't have to disassemble and clean the carbs on my small engines every couple of years.

Yeah … I'm really counting on the Stabil products for my OPE, boat, and several generators … but have no quantifiable means to prove it's ability …

Originally Posted by 4WD
I have to drive over an hour to get E0 … so unless I'm in that area for some other reason I run out.

Today I was getting ready for hurricane season … fuel, batteries, candles, water, Spam (yum)
Good reminder when small storm just had our fridges/freezer on a 6000/7500 for 3 hours

Going through gas cans I did not have them marked so dumped in truck and got 15 gallons E10.

What's a good number with Stabil ethanol/stabilizer in the fuel … two years max ?

Come on 4wd... You can do better than daggone Spam
lol.gif

Seriously... Canned soups... And there are some rather good ones made now. Plus... Chef ravioli
smile.gif

Is there any reliable info which gas is ethanol free in Ontario? So far I am 100% convinced that Shell 91 is ethanol free. What about others? I have read quite a few message boards where the people argue if this or that gas is ethanol free but nobody provided any evidence.

From pure-gas.org:
All Canada: Shell V-Power 91, Canadian Tire 91, Esso 91, Petro-Canada SuperClean 91
Atlantic Canada: Irving Fuels premium
Western Canada: CO-OP premium
Newfoundland, Nova Scotia: all premium? Please confirm!
Prince Edward Island: all gasoline
Ontario: Costco 91
British Columbia: Chevron 94

Originally Posted by Ded Mazai
Is there any reliable info which gas is ethanol free in Ontario?

You could always ask the companies and hope not to get weasel words. The legislation in most provinces allows them to use more ethanol (i.e. where they normally wouldn't) if needed, so you may get legalese answers. JayhawkRoy's post is accurate from my experience, and I'd also through Husky/Mohawk 91 on that list, too, which is ironic, since ethanol was their claim to fame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back