Nitrogen Enriched Shell V-Power gasoline

Status
Not open for further replies.
MPG, about 28 city/highway. As far as performance, it didn't seem to matter much as far as brand goes. At least to ye 'ole butt dyno.

According to the link I provided a few posts ago, Lukoil is not TT, nor do they guarantee their fuel quality.

Originally Posted By: Trajan
MPG, about 28 city/highway. As far as performance, it didn't seem to matter much as far as brand goes. At least to ye 'ole butt dyno.

According to the link I provided a few posts ago, Lukoil is not TT, nor do they guarantee their fuel quality.

We still have a Getty down the street from us on William Penn hwy. I have used it a few times and it seems to run pretty good on it.

Originally Posted By: lexus114

We still have a Getty down the street from us on William Penn hwy. I have used it a few times and it seems to run pretty good on it.

thumbsup2.gif
If it works, why change it. As an aside, Getty was bought by Lukoil 9 years ago.

If your RX uses premium, is it 91 or 93? If it's 93, maybe that's why it doesn't like Turkey Hill, which is a 92? If so, maybe the knock sensors are a bit annoyed??

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: lexus114

thumbsup2.gif
If it works, why change it. As an aside, Getty was bought by Lukoil 9 years ago.

If your RX uses premium, is it 91 or 93? If it's 93, maybe that's why it doesn't like Turkey Hill, which is a 92? If so, maybe the knock sensors are a bit annoyed??

Seems like anything over 91-92 is just a waste. Actually it runs quite well on 87 octane (the summer fuel) but when the winter blend comes around Fugetaboubdit!! total mutt then.

Last edited:
Currently I would never try this gasoline because in my neighborhood this new gas from Shell costs $3.40/gallon/regular.
AND the price just keeps rising higher almost twice per week.

I'd rather buy ARCO supreme gasoline and put in a bottle of Techron every couple months or so.

How Shell can get away with advertising this type of gasoline that's so new during our nations bad recession I can't say.

Durango

I wonder how this gas fits in with our pipeline distribution system. Don't we already have some 51 different fuels that are delivered by our pipeline system? It must be a logistical nightmare trying to schedule another boutique fuel to be delivered in our pipelines.

Originally Posted By: Kestas
I wonder how this gas fits in with our pipeline distribution system. Don't we already have some 51 different fuels that are delivered by our pipeline system? It must be a logistical nightmare trying to schedule another boutique fuel to be delivered in our pipelines.
Originally Posted By: benjamming
I would assume this boutique gas becomes boutique when the fuel tanker delivery guy adds the bottle of additive.

Doesn't it get "piped" to the refineries and then refined and an additive package added to it before hitting the delivery tanker trucks?

I didn't know if the V-power was just an additive or if it was a completely different formulation (like Amoco Silver). The Shell web site doesn't make this distinction. They just keep talking about what V-power does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back