Nitrogen Enriched Shell V-Power gasoline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: rshunter
Originally Posted By: StevieC
That must be a US only brand... Haven't seen those up here.

You'd know them better by their wholly owned Canadian subsidiary, Ultramar. Valero Energy is the largest independent petroleum refiner and marketer in North America.

Yeah we have Ultra-mars but they are more in our rural up-north areas in Ontario anyways... only a handful in the city here/there.

Originally Posted By: UG_Passat
....out in PA... away from Wawa country.... Turkey Hill is on the list for Top Tier

I am quite surprised Turkey Hill is on the list. If Turkey Hill can be on the list, than why cant Mobil or BP?

'Cos Mobil cares about profits and not the environment or peoples engines, contrary to what they say on their website.

speaking of top tier gas, I cannot check their web page at all, I wanted to check the retailers who are listed. I know Turkey Hill is sometimes on the list and sometimes off the list, weird.

Here it is:

USA:
Chevron
Conoco
Entec Stations
Kwik Trip/Kwik Star
MFA Oil Company
Phillips
QuikTrip
Shell
Somerset Refinery
Texaco
Tri-Par Oil Company

Canada:
Petro-Canada
Shell-Canada
Sunoco-Canada
Chevron-Canada

Hawaii:
Aloha Petroleum

Steve, how did you get that (my page timed out trying to connect), and you will notice Turkey Hill is off the list again, I wonder what they do to be put back on and off the list?

What website are you trying? Might be the way we connect to the server, could be that the pipe that carries your traffic to their server is not working properly and causing time-outs and me being in a different geographical area allows me through?
21.gif

Originally Posted By: mikered30
Originally Posted By: Trajan
On rides on I-78 west to Harrisburg, I've only noticed 2 Shells. One of them always seems to have "No gas." signs on their pumps.

One Texaco became a Valero, and two stations recently became Citgos.

Now if you want BP, it seems Philly is swimming in them.

BTW, Steve, my valves called me the other day to thank me for the Shell..... Collect...... nervy cheapskates
LOL.gif
(I'll show them. Feed them no name brand gas.)

Shell in Bethel (exit 13) no longer sells gas. I asked why and the manager said she had "issues" with Shell. At first she would not accept shell gas cards, then she stopped selling it. She must be hurting bad, just selling newspapers and stuff. I think the other shell you are talking about is the Kutztown exit?

Yep. There's another one IIRC, near Yocco's Hotdogs. It is a nice long ride.

Trajan... You take the cake... That's hilarious!
LOL.gif

... BTW, Steve, my valves called me the other day to thank me for the Shell..... Collect...... nervy cheapskates
LOL.gif
(I'll show them. Feed them no name brand gas.)

I do have my moments
LOL.gif

....out in PA... away from Wawa country.... Turkey Hill is on the list for Top Tier

I am quite surprised Turkey Hill is on the list. If Turkey Hill can be on the list, than why cant Mobil or BP?

Don't know. All the Mobil stations around here became Lukoil. And BP claims their Invigorate is equal or better IIRC. (probably cheapskates that don't want to pay for testing??)

Not that long ago the one on Rt 309 had most of its pumps shut down for failing state inspections. (Weights/measures, whatever they call it?).

I get better MPG with Shell or TH.

Originally Posted By: Dr_No
Dudes in lab coats hate gunky build up!

They lie when they tell us that!!!! Without that gunky buildup, they'd have to find some other line of work
LOL.gif

What website are you trying? Might be the way we connect to the server, could be that the pipe that carries your traffic to their server is not working properly and causing time-outs and me being in a different geographical area allows me through?
21.gif

http://www.toptiergas.com/

I noticed when you google top tier gas, the link to the top tier gas site no longer appears at all, atleast on the first page. That leads me to believe the site is down?

Don't know. All the Mobil stations around here became Lukoil. And BP claims their Invigorate is equal or better IIRC. (probably cheapskates that don't want to pay for testing??)

Not that long ago the one on Rt 309 had most of its pumps shut down for failing state inspections. (Weights/measures, whatever they call it?).

I noticed that some of the Lukoils in my area advertise no ethanol in their gas.

I get worse mileage from the V-Power 91 octane than I do from the E-10 87 Octane blend.

I have tried it a few times and tried to duplicate driving patterns as best as possible and I still end up about 50KM short per tank.
21.gif

Maybe my ECU is programmed for E10?

Thats not unusual Stevie,your Hyundai simply doesnt benefit from high octane.

I agree,but my RX doesnt seem to like the Turkey Hill too much.
21.gif

TraJan,how is your millage/performance on Lukoil??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back