Nitrogen Enriched Shell V-Power gasoline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry maybe my post wasn't clear...

There was ethanol in Regular/Middle grade shell fuels before Nitrogen, and still after Nitrogen.

They were/as follows:

Regular - 10% or less
Middle - 5% or less
Premium - None

Sorry for the confusion everyone.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Sorry maybe my post wasn't clear...

There was ethanol in Regular/Middle grade shell fuels before Nitrogen, and still after Nitrogen.

They were/as follows:

Regular - 10% or less
Middle - 5% or less
Premium - None

Sorry for the confusion everyone.

That's the way I understand it.
Although I believe the lucky folks in Alberta can still get regular gas with no ethanol at most stations.
I instantly pick up 2-3 mpg in Alberta. I'll have to test the gas sometime to be sure...

Originally Posted By: benjamming
Shell gas around here didn't contain any ethanol until the nitrogen enriched campaign started. Since the ethanol was added, I haven't used it but just a few times.

Up here in Ontario, Canada it had ethanol in it for quite a while before the Nitrogen campaign.

I have not been there since the beginning of the nitrogen campaign, but my local Shell has a sticker on the pumps stating that V-Power (91 here) has 0% ethanol. I use it for my OPE for that reason (and it is emergency supply for the car). My car does not prefer it, unfortunately, giving the worst power and fuel economy of all of the major local brands. Have not tried the new formula.

Last edited:
I get worse mileage from the V-Power 91 octane than I do from the E-10 87 Octane blend.

I have tried it a few times and tried to duplicate driving patterns as best as possible and I still end up about 50KM short per tank.
21.gif

Maybe my ECU is programmed for E10?

I get worse mileage from the V-Power 91 octane than I do from the E-10 87 Octane blend.

I have tried it a few times and tried to duplicate driving patterns as best as possible and I still end up about 50KM short per tank.
21.gif

Maybe my ECU is programmed for E10?

My ECU has an 89 minimum and calls for 91 or 92. Esso 91 gives the best power and economy. V-Power 91 historically gives the worst of both. Sunoco Ultra94 or 92 blend has good power but poor economy.

(in my area, at least)

The vehicle is a 1998 BMW 528i with M52B28 engine running Dinan software.

I always use Shell gas. The station here in Hanover, Pa. has a sign by the road that says their gas contains no ethanol. It doesn't say just the 91 octane flavor.

There are two TT stations about a block apart about 10 miles from me. Shell is 2.85, and Turkey Hill Minit Market is 2.59.

I like Shell, but the difference in mpg between the two isn't enough in my mind to justify the price difference.

As for the ethenol content, I haven't paid any mind to iy.

Last edited:
I have been running the Shell with Nitrogen for quite a while now as I do a lot of miles for my job and only fill up at Shell with my discount.

My valves and intake called me up the other day to thank me... They are very happy to be clean. They asked if I could call the chemists at Shell and pass on their regards.
LOL.gif

I think the Shell gas does clean effectively. But honestly I wish Shell would put up a more technically oriented site that can clearly explain what detergents it contains, and not all this nitrogen name dropping .

Originally Posted By: Vizzy
I think the Shell gas does clean effectively. But honestly I wish Shell would put up a more technically oriented site that can clearly explain what detergents it contains, and not all this nitrogen name dropping .

Oh there is no doubt that they have a "top-tier" product that works as advertised, I just find the marketing funny and gimmic-y at best that's why I was funnin' up above.
grin2.gif

I have been running the Shell with Nitrogen for quite a while now as I do a lot of miles for my job and only fill up at Shell with my discount.

My valves and intake called me up the other day to thank me... They are very happy to be clean. They asked if I could call the chemists at Shell and pass on their regards.
LOL.gif

Sure it wasn't a crank call?
LOL.gif

We lost one in my area in the last couple of weeks... Thank god it's not the one I regularly fill up at which is conveniently located near the highway for me.
grin2.gif

We lost one in my area in the last couple of weeks... Thank god it's not the one I regularly fill up at which is conveniently located near the highway for me.
grin2.gif

grin2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
Your lucky Stevie,All we mostly have around here are Valero`s
smirk2.gif

Last edited:
On rides on I-78 west to Harrisburg, I've only noticed 2 Shells. One of them always seems to have "No gas." signs on their pumps.

One Texaco became a Valero, and two stations recently became Citgos.

Now if you want BP, it seems Philly is swimming in them.

BTW, Steve, my valves called me the other day to thank me for the Shell..... Collect...... nervy cheapskates
LOL.gif
(I'll show them. Feed them no name brand gas.)

Last edited:
Trajan... You take the cake... That's hilarious!
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: Trajan
... BTW, Steve, my valves called me the other day to thank me for the Shell..... Collect...... nervy cheapskates
LOL.gif

That must be a US only brand... Haven't seen those up here.

You'd know them better by their wholly owned Canadian subsidiary, Ultramar. Valero Energy is the largest independent petroleum refiner and marketer in North America.

Originally Posted By: Trajan
On rides on I-78 west to Harrisburg, I've only noticed 2 Shells. One of them always seems to have "No gas." signs on their pumps.

One Texaco became a Valero, and two stations recently became Citgos.

Now if you want BP, it seems Philly is swimming in them.

BTW, Steve, my valves called me the other day to thank me for the Shell..... Collect...... nervy cheapskates
LOL.gif

Shell in Bethel (exit 13) no longer sells gas. I asked why and the manager said she had "issues" with Shell. At first she would not accept shell gas cards, then she stopped selling it. She must be hurting bad, just selling newspapers and stuff. I think the other shell you are talking about is the Kutztown exit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back