Nitrogen Enriched Shell V-Power gasoline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening everyone!
I have been using this gas in my 1998 STS Cadi since it has came out.....it also says it dosnt have any ethanol....

Anyone use this fuel or have a review on it?
Thanx!
Nick

Originally Posted By: SIXXDOGG
Good evening everyone!
I have been using this gas in my 1998 STS Cadi since it has came out.....it also says it dosnt have any ethanol....

Anyone use this fuel or have a review on it?
Thanx!
Nick

No Ethanol !!!!!!

I do not think so, 87 has 10%, 89 has 5% only 91 (V-Power) has no ethanol.

Where did you read this ?

I believe Shell is still a "Top Tier" gasoline, so all grades of Shell gasoline in the US and Canada must contain between 8-10% ethanol.

I have an uncle who owns a Shell Gas station in Alpharetta, GA and he tells me that the same tanker that fills his tanks of gas, fills the tank at a competitor 2 miles down the road. I don't know about other states but in Georgia it is common business to communicate with the competitors and have an understanding that for that day the prices will be a certain amount so they don't get into a price war. Atleast that is how he explained it and how he knows that the same tanker fills most other gas stations. The only exception according to him is Exxon Mobil because they have their own fleet of car and are dedicated to only Mobil Stations.

A fuel tanker has compartments. Just because the same truck is delivering fuel to a different brand's station, doesn't mean it's delivering the same fuel.

Originally Posted By: JSP
I believe Shell is still a "Top Tier" gasoline, so all grades of Shell gasoline in the US and Canada must contain between 8-10% ethanol.

Nope. Reread the spec very carefully.

Originally Posted By: benjamming
Originally Posted By: JSP

Nope. Reread the spec very carefully.

Exactly - the "Top Tier" test is testing the additive package, not the total fuel package, so the base gas that the additive pack is added to must contain between 8-10% ethanol since it tends to create more deposits and is more challenging than straight gasoline.

Shell gas around here didn't contain any ethanol until the nitrogen enriched campaign started. Since the ethanol was added, I haven't used it but just a few times.

yeah it's price fixin but even without it, they'd just wake up in the morning and set their price the same as across the street.
Agreeing to it just saves some time

Shell gas around here didn't contain any ethanol until the nitrogen enriched campaign started. Since the ethanol was added, I haven't used it but just a few times.

Up here in Ontario, Canada it had ethanol in it for quite a while before the Nitrogen campaign.

Originally Posted By: StevieC

Up here in Ontario, Canada it had ethanol in it for quite a while before the Nitrogen campaign.

But let me understand, are you saying that now shell 87 doesn't have 10% of ethanol ?

Originally Posted By: SIXXDOGG
The V POWER here in Niagara Falls Ontario Canada has no ehtanol....
Is this better or worse for cars?

Better, you will get better gas mileage with no ethanol also.

Over the boarder here in New York, you won't find Shell, and you won't find anything without 10 percent ethanol.

Gas in canada costs much more than it does here, and its somewhat expensive here in Western New York (highest in the country, next to Hawaii)

Originally Posted By: StevieC

That's incorrect Stevie, it has both. Don't worry, I was bummed too thinking we had gone back to 100% gas.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: Eddie
Do all grades of Shell contain the Nitrogen compound?

Yes, all grades of Shell gasoline contain the new detergent formula. Shell V-Power simply has a higher concentration of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back