Nissan sentra 2014 trans code P2857

Grandsons car has 70k miles shop said with that low they miles recommended a remanufactured. Cost 4500-5500 plus 1000 for labor. Called a couple other shops all were in the same price. Had no idea a trans for a economy car cost so much.

someone can correct me if im wrong but i believe i heard that nissan extended the warranty on 2012-2016 models to 7 years and 80k but it being a 2014 it may just scrape the year limit. Take it to the dealer asap and ask them if they can perform the warranty under the nissan provided warranty extension.

Reactions: JTK
someone can correct me if im wrong but i believe i heard that nissan extended the warranty on 2012-2016 models to 7 years and 80k but it being a 2014 it may just scrape the year limit. Take it to the dealer asap and ask them if they can perform the warranty under the nissan provided warranty extension.
Thanks

You never know with the pricing on these You can get a replacement CVT for a 2013-2016 Nissan Pathfinder for ~$2500 direct from Nissan parts. A supply and demand thing maybe?

Last edited:
Look for a place that sells used transmissions from Japan. Japan has a rule you can only keep a car until it is 3 years old or something, so lots of low mileage transmissions salvaged from those lower mileage cars and sent around the world. Should be around $750 installed.

Back