Nissan coil compatibility

I'm in a jam. I need a coil for the 2006 Altima 2.5. I have a box full of coils for a 2003 Nissan 3.5. If I change boots it'll fit but I'm wondering if the voltage is the same. Is that okay to do till I get another coil in a day or two

I'll bet if you call your local Nissan Dealer Parts Department they would tell you. In my experience, most of the time they're pretty flexible with answering simple question(s) like that.

???

Ed

It could work okay (for a short time ?). Have to realize that if a manufacturer can re-use an existing part, they will. There are many, many advantages to them for doing so. Since you say changing the boot allows it to fit, the coil could be the same and the only difference is the boot but this makes the (assembly) part # different....

I didn't try it just limped home. So I guess this is the reason for the cylinder 1 misfire. Thought I fixed all the major problems this car had. Nope. What I get for skipping the plugs because it's cold out. Back to the Malibu. Again.

Attachments

• 20210108_134301.jpg
    20210108_134301.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 20210111_153045.jpg
    20210111_153045.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 27
I didn't try it just limped home. So I guess this is the reason for the cylinder 1 misfire. Thought I fixed all the major problems this car had. Nope. What I get for skipping the plugs because it's cold out. Back to the Malibu. Again.

valve cover gasket and spark plug tube seals

Just be glad you don't have the V6 :D

Back