Nissan Armada, What to look for in 03-10 models

I'm in the market for a 2003-2010 Armada, Preferable under 100k miles from a rust free state (California,Arizona ect).
What are the problems in these years to watch for?
Are the engines and transmissions decent for reliability?
I've got an eye on an 08 in California but need to know what to look out for.
Really would like a 5.7 Sequoia but may be out of my budget(under 12k).

These were not trouble free vehicles in any of the model years you are looking at. You think they would be-i.e. body on frame, rear wheel drive w/ a V8 but they were not.
Google is your friend. There are good reasons why Sequoias cost what they cost.

These were not trouble free vehicles in any of the model years you are looking at. You think they would be-i.e. body on frame, rear wheel drive w/ a V8 but they were not.
Google is your friend. There are good reasons why Sequoias cost what they cost.

There is a video the Car Care Nut made on a Sequoia a customer bought. They are usually good vehicles, but the video is an eye opener

Not sure. I know that from forums. I rented them a lot, and consumption wise, they are on par SR-71.
Yeah but 2wd is rated 18 highway, not too bad for a v8 truck. Must likely get the 2wd for ease of maintenance. KC area doesn't really need 4wd when 1 inch of snow pretty much shuts down the roads.

Yeah but 2wd is rated 18 highway, not too bad for a v8 truck. Must likely get the 2wd for ease of maintenance. KC area doesn't really need 4wd when 1 inch of snow pretty much shuts down the roads.
Take those ratings with grain of salt. I rented mostly 2WD, and if I got 13-14mpg it would be successful.
On other hand GM Tahoe/Suburban would ALWAYS overshoot EPA ratings.
It is more thirsty than Toyota 5.7, which is an achievement.

Good drivetrains. Exhaust manifold leak very common, a few other things here and there. I would go closer to 2010 if it were me.

You need to really look at the exhaust and check it when absolutely cold - better yet get it on a lift and look at it.

As long as it isnt coming back to cali you can fix it pretty cheap.
If it's coming back to cali it's a shocking bill.

The mill and trans are sound.

Back