Nicotine Free!

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to my stop smoking Guru, your body is free of nicotine in 5 days.
I have now been smoke free for 6 days.
banana2.gif

Congrats. I quit 12 years ago. Have not even had one in that period. Your body will love you in a few weeks when you start to taste things again, have more energy, and your home and car will smell much better.

My dad quit 11 years ago, after smoking heavily for 30 years. I remember how hard it was for him to quit, but he felt much better shortly after. Stick with it.

I quit in 1979 after about 6 or 7 years of the habit. I basically had to change my group of friends, could not do it with everybody around me smoking all the time. The way I finally quit my 2-3 pack a day habit was to chew toothpicks--all the time (except when I slept). My pickup floor was littered with chewed toothpicks. Think it took me several years to break the toothpick habit.

Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX
What will the government do for tax revenue now?

yeah the POOR kids! What are they going to do....
frown.gif

Seriously, GOOD JOB!
thumbsup2.gif

Congrats to you...It's hard to quit. I quit 5 years and 4 months ago and I know how hard it is. I smoked for 22 years. Keep it up, the first few days are the worst then you will feel a lot better and it gets even better from then on. Think of the money you can save and spend it on oil and filters, transmission fluids, etc etc...

Congrats.

Take up running or something that makes you use your lungs more. Not only will it help clean out your lungs more, but also it will help keep you from going back to cigarettes. Pretty hard to justify smoking when you need your lungs for running.

Are all smokers slobs? I was. When I smoked, I threw buts on the ground all the time and dumped ashtrays in parking lots. Now that I am not a smoker I realize what slobs many smokers are.

Here is my worst low: In high school once, I ran out of cigarettes and had no money. I actually picked up a butt off the ground, lit it and took a few drags. Now that is getting pretty low!

What really kills me is how a smoker will not use the ash tray in their car because they don't want to get it dirty. Never mind their lungs, but that ashtray is very important.

Congratz!

Even though I've never smoked anything in my life except tires, I hear the cravings are a pain in the [censored] after quiting
grin2.gif

How much is a pack of smokes these days? It's got to be getting expensive, what with all the new taxes and such.

Congrats on quitting. I gave up the cancer sticks 10 years ago, when I started cycling. I haven't had one since. I still get the cravings; don't think they will ever go away completely.

I stopped about 2.5 years ago but picked up a dipping habit. I'm gonna try to go to the mint stuff if I can ever find it in a store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back